qtpyvcp - widget rules editor missing

More
27 Oct 2022 12:39 #255183 by spumco
I've been unable to install Debian on either of my computers (one for machine, one for development).  No version or packaging of Debian will work - both PC's simply refuse to boot from USB drives regardless of boot disk creation method (Rufus, Etcher, Linux).

MX21 and Mint both install with no issues, so I'm stuck with those.

I don't know enough about linux to figure it out, but could there be some dependencies not present that aren't throwing up errors when QTDesigner is starting?  Something Debian has 'built-in' but MX and Mint don't have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2022 18:55 #255221 by tommylight
I you still want to try installing Debian, use the PC with Mint installed, go to menu, preferences, disks.
On that window, on the left side choose the USB you want to write the image to, after inserting it, of course, click on the 3 dots on the upper right side, choose restore disk image, point it to the ISO, let it rip!
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
28 Oct 2022 01:07 #255265 by spumco
Thanks Tommy, but it still isn't working even after burning the USB with Mint just like you said.

It's probably something in the BIOS that hates Debian - this BIOS has more settings than I've ever seen and I've no clue what 90% of them are.

Getting back on track... anyone else have an idea how to install qtpyvcp plugins in QTDesigner?

More
28 Oct 2022 01:19 #255267 by tommylight
Oh well,
If you do not mind get some pictures of the BIOS, maybe, just maybe can spot something strange.
As for the designer, i have used probably over 50 times the script that Phill included for qtvcp, the editor worked properly twice i checked, once i even edited something ! :)

More
28 Oct 2022 01:52 #255268 by Lcvette

More
28 Oct 2022 01:54 #255269 by spumco
Well, we're halfway there.  Phill's script got the lcnc plugin installed.

But still no qtpyvcp rules editor shows up.

More
28 Oct 2022 01:56 #255270 by Lcvette
Phill? Not familiar with that script

More
28 Oct 2022 02:03 #255271 by spumco

www.qtpyvcp.com/install/dev_install.html

Try here. 

I ran the sudo ./install.sh command found in ...rip/qtpyvcp/pyqt5designer/Qt5.15.4-64bit/python3.10 and it renamed libpyqt5.so to ...old, then copied libpyqt5.so for python 3.9 to /usr/lib.x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/designer

No change in behavior.  I've got the lcnc plugin showing up with lcnc widgets, but no rules editor.

More
28 Oct 2022 02:04 #255272 by Lcvette
Are you clicking in linuxcnc widgets?

More
28 Oct 2022 02:05 - 28 Oct 2022 02:08 #255273 by spumco

Phill? Not familiar with that script

forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/38414-installing-qtvcp

I used that a few minutes ago to get the lcnc plugin working.

EDIT - I should probably uninstall everything and start fresh with the link you provided.  We'll see how that goes.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2022 02:08 by spumco.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds