qtDragon toolchange and toollength setting

More
20 Nov 2021 02:08 #227043 by cmorley
Ok I pushed the work to add HAL pins to Versa probe.
qtdragon.versaprobe-blockheight
qtdragon.versaprobe-enable
qtdragon.versaprobe-probeheight
qtdragon.versaprobe-probevel
qtdragon.versaprobe-searchvel

To be clear these represent the settings on the Versa tab page - not on QtDragons settings page (as you posted an image of)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2021 09:22 - 20 Nov 2021 09:24 #227058 by ikkuh

qtdragon.versaprobe-blockheight
qtdragon.versaprobe-enable
qtdragon.versaprobe-probeheight
qtdragon.versaprobe-probevel
qtdragon.versaprobe-searchvel

To be clear these represent the settings on the Versa tab page - not on QtDragons settings page (as you posted an image of)

Great! Will be at the  machineshop in a few hours and will try them.

Question though, there is a lot of information duplicated on the VersaProbe. BasicProbe and settings screen. Would it be possible to have all the settings for the probescreen routines on one tab? I would prefer the settings tab as they are already there. You could conditionally hide values for a specific probe if it is not in use. A lot of duplicate functioning pins can be removed that way, easier maintenance :) (as you did with all the duplicated pins in qtDragon)
The space that will be available after removing the variables from the probe screens could be used to make the buttons larger and easier to use.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2021 09:24 by ikkuh.

More
20 Nov 2021 09:38 #227062 by ikkuh
Will be cleaning up the files and posting them here for others to use.

More
20 Nov 2021 13:42 - 20 Nov 2021 13:47 #227082 by ikkuh

Cool! it works. But I do prefer that there is one special place (settings page) where these values are stored.
And btw the qtdragon.versaprobe-enable pin does not make sense (sorry), I need the values for a M6 remap and then this button is in the wrong place.
The adjusted macro:

o<change> sub
;(debug, in change tool_in_spindle=#<tool_in_spindle> current_pocket=#<current_pocket>;)
;(debug, selected_tool=#<selected_tool> selected_pocket=#<selected_pocket>;)

;otherwise after the M6 this information is gone!
#<tool> = #<selected_tool>
#<pocket> = #<selected_pocket>

; we must execute this only in the milltask interpreter
; or preview will break, so test for '#<_task>' which is 1 for
; the milltask interpreter and 0 in the UI's
O100 if [#<_task> EQ 0]
        (debug, Task ist Null)
O100     return [999]
O100 endif

;first go up
F #<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-searchvel]>
G53 G1 Z[#<_ini[CHANGE_POSITION]Z>]
; then move to change position
G53 G0 X[#<_ini[CHANGE_POSITION]X>] Y[#<_ini[CHANGE_POSITION]Y>]

; cancel tool offset
G49

; using the code being remapped here means 'use builtin behaviour'
M6

;O200 if [#<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-enable]> EQ 0]
;O200 return [3] ; indicate no tool measurement
;O200 endif

G53 G0 X[#<_ini[TOOLSENSOR]X>] Y[#<_ini[TOOLSENSOR]Y>]
G53 G1 Z[#<_ini[TOOLSENSOR]Z>]

O300 if [#<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-searchvel]> LE 0]
O300 return [-1] ; indicate searchvel <= 0
O300 endif

O400 if [#<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-probevel]> LE 0]
O400 return [-2] ; indicate probevel <= 0
O400 endif

G91
G38.2 Z #<_ini[TOOLSENSOR]MAXPROBE>
G0 Z2
; This is commented out only for sim.
F #<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-probevel]>
G38.2 Z-4

O500 if [#5070 EQ 0]
G90
O500 return [-3] ; indicate probe contact failure to epilog
O500 endif

G90
G53 G1 Z[#<_ini[CHANGE_POSITION]Z>]

#<touch_result> = #5063
#<probeheight> = #<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-probeheight]>
#<blockheight> = #<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-blockheight]>

(DEBUG, #<touch_result>  #<probeheight>  #<blockheight>;)

G10 L1 P#<tool> Z[#<touch_result> - #<_hal[qtdragon.versaprobe-probeheight]> + #<_hal[gmoccapy.blockheight]>]
G43

;G10 L1 P#<tool> Z#<touch_result>
;G10 L2 P0 Z[#<workpieceheight> + #<probeheight> + #<touch_result>]

; signal success be returning a value > 0:
o<change> endsub [1]
I managed to get a pin programmed and to show up from qtdragon_handler.py. But I can not get a decent value to show up in LinuxCNC, maybe my half a day experience with python is a little too short.
       pin = QHAL.newpin("ton", QHAL.HAL_FLOAT, QHAL.HAL_IN)     
        pin.value = float(self.w.lineEdit_search_vel.text())
        pin.value_changed.connect(self.search_vel_changed)
Last edit: 20 Nov 2021 13:47 by ikkuh.

More
21 Nov 2021 00:50 #227136 by cmorley
Yo have a mistake in the posted Oword file - it still references gmoccapy.blockheight
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

More
21 Nov 2021 10:03 #227178 by ikkuh

Yo have a mistake in the posted Oword file - it still references gmoccapy.blockheight

oops, thanks

More
22 Nov 2021 01:51 #227263 by cmorley
Would having the enable button on the toolchange dialog work better.
I probably could add that option.

More
22 Nov 2021 08:03 #227280 by ikkuh

Would having the enable button on the toolchange dialog work better.

I probably could add that option.

I think that button was intended to skip the M6 remap all together. Not sure why it is there, maybe Norbert could tell us.
I commented out the code in change.ngc, so for me it does not matter where or if the button is replaced since I am not using it.

But can I kindly ask you to consider to put all the common values from basic probe, versa probe and the parameters in the .ini file (for the gmocapy way of doing things) on one settings page? The settings page as it is has already duplicated the values that are necessary for probing.
Now there are all kinds of redundant variables and values floating around, it's hard to see what is used and what is not.
I will be happy to do all the typing and testing, as long as I get some kind of example. In my opnion this will add to the strength of the qtDragon screens and will make life much easier for people who just want to use a great screen without having to learn internal stuff. Plus it has the added benefit of making the versa probe and basic probe screens much cleaner and less overwhelming for the user.

More
23 Nov 2021 21:26 #227433 by cmorley
Yes I agree - that was the intention of the button - probably more useful to add it to the toolchange dialog too.

I rethink of the settings page would be very useful. it would be nice to add the remap tool change capability to basic probe too.

AFAIK basic [probe does the same things as versa probe, other then the entries for auto tool probing.

It's actually a bit of a pain as the versa probe widget would need to change based on where it is used. (it's used as a dialog styled probe screen too.)
But its possible.

I'm glad you got it working as you wanted.

There is other work going on to improve integration of auto tool probing remap in qtvcp.
I really want to get rid of any extra HAL pins that users must connect.
I added them for you just so you could get it to work in the mean time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, ikkuh

More
24 Nov 2021 09:20 #227487 by ikkuh

Yes I agree - that was the intention of the button - probably more useful to add it to the toolchange dialog too.

I rethink of the settings page would be very useful. it would be nice to add the remap tool change capability to basic probe too.

AFAIK basic [probe does the same things as versa probe, other then the entries for auto tool probing.

It's actually a bit of a pain as the versa probe widget would need to change based on where it is used. (it's used as a dialog styled probe screen too.)
But its possible.

I'm glad you got it working as you wanted.

There is other work going on to improve integration of auto tool probing remap in qtvcp.
I really want to get rid of any extra HAL pins that users must connect.
I added them for you just so you could get it to work in the mean time.

Looking forward to a redesign of the settings page. Would be nice to have pins that are redundant removed. If a pin does a certain job you only need it once. I understand that there will be problems with existing scripts, but isn't it time to do a major overhaul and try to unify the variables?
I am following the qplasma screen efforts, they make very exciting things. But since there are no unified variables incorporating their enhancements in for example qtDragon is difficult and cumbersome.
Maybe a centralized variables depot online could be a solution, and then make sure develloppers (re)use the variables that are available.

I guess that it is in the nature of probe routines that most do the same thing, that's why they can use the same variables. It's nice though when the gcode commands are in a .ngc file and not in-line in the python handler files. That way debugging is much easier.

I used the versa probe screen in gmoccapy, so I know what you mean. Maybe some conditional code in versaprobe widget so that a context switch can be made? Or a hard fork, to make a seperate Versa Probe screen that is adapted to qtDragon, but I would prefer the dynamic way.

Is there a place where I can see the ongoing work on a probe screen? I am curious as to how that is coming along.

Chris, thank you (and all the other developers) for being flexible and supportive, that is the main reason I got things working after trying for 8 months now. I can run complete jobs now, with multiple tool changes in on file. Very happy with how it turned out.

Next I will be trying to use the Laser routines that the plasma guys have in their screen. It's awesome how they can use a skewed work piece with just two clicks of a button.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds