qtDragon toolchange and toollength setting

More
24 Nov 2021 14:28 #227499 by hottabich
And if you add a tab on the VersaProbe page and place what you need there.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2021 15:15 #227501 by ikkuh

And if you add a tab on the VersaProbe page and place what you need there.

I do not understand what you mean?
Goal is to reduce pins and user entered variables. My suggestion was to put all the user editable variables on the settings page of qtDragon, so there is only one place where a variable gets set.

More
24 Nov 2021 19:18 #227523 by hottabich
All variables in one place is not very convenient. I think it's logical to place variables for Measure Tool with Versa Probe. The example in the screenshot is also QtDragon with a different face. 

More
24 Nov 2021 19:48 #227526 by ikkuh

All variables in one place is not very convenient. I think it's logical to place variables for Measure Tool with Versa Probe. The example in the screenshot is also QtDragon with a different face. 

It is very convenient. It's called a settings page for a reason. Looks much more integrated too.

More
24 Nov 2021 20:02 #227527 by persei8
If I may, I would like to add my $0.02 worth. In qtdragon, there are 2 types of probing. The first is single axis (Z axis) probing for finding the top of the workpiece, either through use of a touch plate or through use of a tool setter device. The probe parameters that you see on the Settings page are only for these operations and are not used for any other probe routines. The second is 3 axis probing implemented by either the versaprobe or basicprobe screens. The main difference between them is the graphical appearance. Many of the probe routines are implemented with the same python code and even the unique routines are defined in the same python library module. The probe parameters used by these routines have nothing to do with the parameters on the Settings page. Through the [PROBE] section of the .ini file, a user can opt for using versaprobe, basicprobe or none. As Chris mentioned, they can also be used as a dialog session. For these reasons, IMO, it is not advisable to combine all the parameters into the Settings page. I will concede however, that the probe parameters in the Settings page could be renamed, so as not to be confused with the parameters for the probe routines. 
Jim

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, JohnnyCNC, hottabich

More
25 Nov 2021 08:47 - 26 Nov 2021 08:13 #227565 by ikkuh

If I may, I would like to add my $0.02 worth. In qtdragon, there are 2 types of probing. The first is single axis (Z axis) probing for finding the top of the workpiece, either through use of a touch plate or through use of a tool setter device. The probe parameters that you see on the Settings page are only for these operations and are not used for any other probe routines. The second is 3 axis probing implemented by either the versaprobe or basicprobe screens. The main difference between them is the graphical appearance. Many of the probe routines are implemented with the same python code and even the unique routines are defined in the same python library module. The probe parameters used by these routines have nothing to do with the parameters on the Settings page. Through the [PROBE] section of the .ini file, a user can opt for using versaprobe, basicprobe or none. As Chris mentioned, they can also be used as a dialog session. For these reasons, IMO, it is not advisable to combine all the parameters into the Settings page. I will concede however, that the probe parameters in the Settings page could be renamed, so as not to be confused with the parameters for the probe routines. 
Jim

Not enterily sure what you are trying to say here.
My point was that all settings are put on the settings page. That's all.

one toolheight sensor
an x-y location of tool change position
with an x-y location of the sensor and a switch height relative to the top of the wasteboard
speed: search, probe
spindle is positioned by the machine, dialog for manualtoolchange
result: toollength relative to the top of material
(gmoccapy M6 remap takes care of this)

one touchplate
with an absolute height
speeds: search, probe
spindle is positioned by the operator
result: absolute height of material
(varying results in qtDragon)

one 3d probe
with a tip diameter
speed: search, probe
travel (how much the probe will search for)
spindle is positioned by the operator
(this is already working in Versa Probe screen)

an material height relative to the top of the wasteboard

Last edit: 26 Nov 2021 08:13 by ikkuh.

More
26 Nov 2021 08:09 #227631 by hottabich
All settings are set on the settings page, I agree with you if the settings are divided into separate groups, such as in gmocappy.
Attachments:

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds