LinuxCnc logo

More
22 Jul 2022 21:27 #248074 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic LinuxCnc logo
Nice. I especially like the appropriate eyewear.

I am wondering what to do with these images (yours and others). Currently I don't think that they have a home in the tree (but perhaps I have not looked carefully enough.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2022 23:28 #248087 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic LinuxCnc logo
These are really nice!  Thank you for contributing them…. Would you mind if we use the chips_plasma one for the icon on QtPlasmaC (and any other Plasma projects)?

More
23 Jul 2022 07:30 #248100 by AlexMagToast
Replied by AlexMagToast on topic LinuxCnc logo
Please do If you have ideas how i could improve the Plasma torch for example, i can also modify it.

I have received the Info, that for IR Lasers the Glasses actually are not as tinted as i pictured them. So i changed the tint to a very light blue, wich is used by the Uvex Glasses which seem to be very common for CO2 and Fiber Lasers.

Cheers,
Alex
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
23 Jul 2022 10:09 #248106 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic LinuxCnc logo

Please do

You really need to share vector based files. .SVG, .AI, .PDF etc.
I could not find SVG versions in your posts.

@andy, gathering up the contents of this thread and adding to master branch would be very handy.

More
26 Jul 2022 10:32 #248312 by AlexMagToast

You really need to share vector based files. .SVG, .AI, .PDF etc.
I could not find SVG versions in your posts.

@andy, gathering up the contents of this thread and adding to master branch would be very handy.

Hi, Yes you are absolutely right. I didn't post them yet. The last days i have gotten some feedback and changed some details. Laser Chip Glasses for example now color match common IR Laser protection googles :D

Here in the attachment you get the "final" product. I didn't make 48px icons again since you can also set the svg files direktly and of course that looks way better, especially if you choose to scale the Icon Size up for Touchscreens for example.

Also in the File ChipRAW.svg is the file i used to create the Icons in the first place. The Program i used is Inkscape.

Finally i also recreated the original gif and png files with the Linuxcnc logo. I think using Vector based files would be better but on the other hand propably nobody really cares and some code would also need to be modified i guess.

I was trying to get it pushed in the linuxcnc git, but also i upload it here so you guys dont have to wait :)

Thank you all for your kind feedback so far and i hope you enjoy the new Vector based Icons.

Cheers,
Alex
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb, tommylight, Clive S, snowgoer540

More
26 Jul 2022 19:55 #248364 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic LinuxCnc logo
Thanks VERY much AlexMagToast, very much appreciated

I've now got icons for my mill, lathe plasma + chips logos for my desktop background (I use it on all my devices windows + linux as it's grown on me + easy on the eye {+ any I set up for others too})

forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/attachme...uxCNC-Wallpaper3.jpg

forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/38434...c-wallpapers?start=0

More
09 Aug 2022 13:37 #249393 by andypugh

Thank you all for your kind feedback so far and i hope you enjoy the new Vector based Icons.

A bit of a cheeky request, but Chips holding a book might be a nice icon for the LinuxCNC documentation. 

If you feel really enthusiastic, a language code on the cover would be even better (en, fr, de, es, vi.. all those here: hosted.weblate.org/projects/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-docs/ )

I have never been very happy with the ones that I made for the docs:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...icolor/scalable/apps

The following user(s) said Thank You: JT

More
10 Aug 2022 07:59 #249438 by AlexMagToast
Hi, thats an interesting idea. I'll give it a try this week.

What do you (and everyone else who reads this) think about following considerations?
How Readable should it be? I guess the thext should be quite big, so it is clearly readable, despite it beeing in a small logo. If i am not mistaken the Handbook is mostly accessed in the drop down menu of LinuxCNC and there the Logos are really small, right?

Maybe instead of Text on a book put a Flag in the Background? (and write "Handbook" on the Book?

I could also give Chip something like a Sign which kontains Text. This would be basically your Logo with Chip in the Background holding it.

I am interested in your thoughts and ideas.
Cheers,
Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Aug 2022 09:35 #249440 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic LinuxCnc logo
I think the language codes should be used eg. EN,FR,DE etc on the book cover/pages.
There are many more countries than languages. eg many countries adopt English as their language, as do many countries adopt Spanish (just 2 examples I can think of). Flags would be very confusing for many people where their country is different to the primary language site....
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris@cnc, AlexMagToast

More
10 Aug 2022 09:48 #249441 by andypugh
Flags are a bad idea, they don't map to languages particularly well and in areas where they don't can cause upset and trouble.
(China / Taiwan, Northern Ireland, Ukraine(Donbas), Transnistria...)
Even where it might not cause problems, why would a Brazlilan choose Portugal or an Argentinian choose Spain?

weglot.com/blog/flags-to-represent-languages/
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, chris@cnc, AlexMagToast

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds