How to configure Horizontal Boring mill

More
22 Dec 2022 11:31 #260073 by yrsiddhapura
And i am right now facing new problem when I am joging machine at 1mm or 5mm scale at 6000mm/min up and down i could feel jerk at beginning i tride to tighten screw adjustment as well wedges but still it's jerking if i reduce acceleration would effect on performance or could use servo in built smoot filtering feature to reduce jerk in motion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2022 18:31 #260089 by andypugh
I would reduce the acceleration. Try calculating how far it needs to travel to get up to normal cutting speed and you will probably find that quite modest acceleration is adequate.

As for the PWM, try setting it to 1Hz and see if you can measure it with a multimeter. As far as I know it works for everyone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yrsiddhapura

More
22 Dec 2022 19:19 #260093 by yrsiddhapura
I will try by reducing acceleration to 400 from 750 as i have 100mm/s velocity. Would it reduce mine velocity if i reduce it less then 750 as pnccomfig set it default? Is there any formula to i could calculate modest acceleration?

For pwm i planned to set 5 hz but will try with 1hz.

More
22 Dec 2022 19:31 #260096 by tommylight
750 acceleration is ok for lite machines, to much for heavy moving stuff.
Start with 150-200 and see if that is ok while in use, then raise gradualy if needed.

More
23 Dec 2022 00:00 #260128 by andypugh

I will try by reducing acceleration to 400 from 750 as i have 100mm/s velocity. Would it reduce mine velocity if i reduce it less then 750 as pnccomfig set it default? Is there any formula to i could calculate modest acceleration?

There are the famous 3 equations:

v = u + at
s = ut + 1/2 at^2
v^2 = u^2 + 2as

Using the last one: 

At 750mm/s^2 it takes 7mm to reach maximum speed, and at 400mm/s^2 it takes 12.5mm

But, you probably won't be cutting much over 250mm/min or 4mm/min and at 400mm/s^2 you will only see a signifiant slow down if the segment lengths in the G-code are less than 0.02mm long. 

My (tiny) mill accelerates at 200mm/s^2 and that's absolutely fine. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, yrsiddhapura

More
24 Dec 2022 14:12 #260239 by yrsiddhapura
yes you right reducing acceleration help me to reduce static friction while joging

More
24 Dec 2022 14:18 #260240 by yrsiddhapura
Well i don't think so i would ever use length is less then 0.02 mm but is cutting speed of 250mm/min is maximum limit and 4mm/min minimum limit with 400mm/S^2 and what would be maximum speed limit of interpolation ?

More
24 Dec 2022 15:09 #260243 by andypugh

is cutting speed of 250mm/min is maximum 

I don't know. I have never used your machine :-)

Try running a typical job through a feeds and speeds calculator to see what it comes up with. I just know that most of my machining is done at < 100mm/min but I am not being paid to do it. 

More
18 Jan 2023 18:19 #262358 by yrsiddhapura
Hey andy hope you had a great vacation of Christmas and new year !!!!!

Well i have solved problem of jerking slide it was thrust bearing on two axis was making jerk and also installed linear encoder on all axis(Just install not interfaced till today)

Now i am back to old issue of PWM for spindle is it any way to set 50% duty cycle for max spindle output (in my case 1100 rpm or 18.35 RPS) when i exceed 50% duty cycle converter stuck at 5V but till 50% it works smoothly (I think its converter problem i have ordered industrial one which will take almost 3week to get) so i want temporary solution by getting 100% RPM at 50% duty cycle.

More
20 Jan 2023 13:18 #262487 by andypugh
I have forgotten which hardware you are using, but the software pwmgen has a "max-dc" pin
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/pwmgen.9.html

The Mesa one does not ( linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/hostmot2.9.html#pwmgen ) but you could insert a limit1 HAL component between the spindle command pin and the pwmgen input pin:
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/limit1.9.html

Or, just limit the max spindle speed in the INI, if you are using 2.9:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/config/ini-co...:ini:sec:spindle-num (not an option with 2.8)

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds