Set up using AMC AB15A100 drives, brushed DC motor Prototrak Plus with Encoders

More
16 Aug 2022 17:46 #249901 by new2linux
Todd, you are the man!! Yes, the "Auto" provides the attached pic. It is important to leave the USB & the "siggen" signal "on" until the message on o-scope says it's ok, otherwise the trace will not copy. This trace is closer?

Many thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2022 18:03 #249902 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, better. But I'm not happy with the wave form on channel 1. It "should" be a simple square wave of +/-1v. But what is coming through is mostly 0v with +/-1v peaks. Not at all what it should be. (I wonder if I've done something stupid in Hal to cause this)

Help Peter! (or someone else with better Mesa knowlege.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2linux

More
16 Aug 2022 18:48 #249904 by Todd Zuercher
With the drive disabled, in Halscope, change the source for channel 2 to be "hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout0". Then force or trigger Halscope to see the new trace (Sometimes you have to do this a couple of times for it to take.) What does that trace look like? Is it a "normal" square wave, or something else resembling the yellow trace you're seeing on the real scope?

More
16 Aug 2022 19:33 #249907 by new2linux
Todd, Many, many thanks!! I think it looks better. Please see attached pic. The yellow trace is the 1 to watch?

Many thanks

Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2022 19:55 #249911 by Todd Zuercher
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. What did you change to get the proper square wave?

Increase the vertical gain on both traces so it is easier to see what is going on, and If possible overlay them so they are right on top of each other.

You are now ready to start following the current loop tuning instructions (from the looks of it you will need significantly more proportional gain in the current loop SW3-1-5)

More
16 Aug 2022 20:05 #249912 by Todd Zuercher
I didn't really answer your question, The yellow trace is the command to the drive, the blue is the drives responce. Your goal is to try to make the drive's response look as much like the yellow command as you can.

More
16 Aug 2022 20:44 #249916 by new2linux
Todd, Thank you! I read your post to change the "channel 2 to be "hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout0" in the hal scope that opens when the "test.demo" is used to trigger signal. I use "terminal" to open the test generator.
The ability to change the traces to lay on top of each other, I will need to re-read some more about that. The vertical gain I think will work then. Tomorrow, I need to be away from the computer until later in the day, I may not get much done. If I am able to get traces to lay on top of each other and the vertical scale is set better, is now the time to start using evaluating SW3-1-5 setting as per the chart? This requires to hold down to start to send signal, making shore to "clear" each time & use "auto" each time (on o-scope), and to power down (the CNC, Power Supply) each time, to change settings at SW3-1-5. If I need to save traces of o-scope as I go, it looks hard to edit the file name, currently it gives the next pic the next number.
As I evaluate the traces on the o-scope I should keep the app note 15 close, to compare trace of scope to samples in the app note traces. Looking for sharp corners, with level-horizontal, well-defined trace laying channel 1 on to channel 2 trace. I will eventually find one that looks better that others, w/o spicks or over shoot.

Many thanks to all that make this forum so special!

More
17 Aug 2022 12:02 #249947 by Todd Zuercher
I don't think you should need to reset the o-scope settings between tests (but you might need to reset the trigger.) I think you should only need to disable the drive (press the drive enable button on the test screen) and power it down (pull the power plug from the drive or if you're e-stop loop removes the power trip that.) So that you can change the switch settings.

More
17 Aug 2022 19:32 - 17 Aug 2022 20:02 #249969 by new2linux
Todd, thanks! After review of how-to set both channel traces, to lay on top of each other and set the height of the trace as shown in pic, the settings don't stay set for next time. I have read how to set on "rising edge" (I am not shore I am there, but know the "symbol" to look for. I don't recall in all the read & you-tube that a save was needed to keep o-scope values even after power down.

Many thanks!

Edit: I found the auto settings "save button" to show all (the option is overlay yes or no) and  the "save" at the bottom of that screen. It did not save the height of trace. This "overlay" is 2nd (of 3) screen after using "utilities button". I will look for similar way to set & save height.

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Aug 2022 20:02 by new2linux.

More
17 Aug 2022 20:16 #249972 by Todd Zuercher
That looks very usable (the traces not the drive tuning.)

Try reduce the overshoot, and if possible faster rise.

I am not sure you can directly compare the heights of the plateaus, because they are different scales and voltages. Mostly you're comparing the shapes.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds