Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

More
10 Aug 2021 02:05 #217356 by Zuo99
I have been using REMORA for a while, thank you very much for your work, but I have encountered some problems recently.
My workbench can work normally before, but recently it will end unexpectedly and cannot exit Estop. The information is as follows:

bad spi payload = 646174
task:main loop took 0.113318 seconds

At first, I thought it was a problem with the connection cable, but after I rewired it, this situation still occurred, and this situation did not always exist, but occasionally, such as suddenly stopping during work.

I want to know if you have encountered such a situation, or hope for your suggestions. (I even think that some PINs in the EXP2 area of my SKR board are damaged, I will check it later)

Thank you for your help.

Zuo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2021 02:08 #217357 by Aaroncnc
could be noise getting into the spi wires.

I ran my spi wires in rg174 coax to keep the noise down.
But that is overkill.

The better way is to keep the run as short as you can and have several grounds around each signal wire between the skr and rpi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuo99

More
10 Aug 2021 02:16 #217358 by Zuo99

could be noise getting into the spi wires.

I ran my spi wires in rg174 coax to keep the noise down.
But that is overkill.

The better way is to keep the run as short as you can and have several grounds around each signal wire between the skr and rpi.

I think what you said makes some sense, because my situation appears after half a minute of running, and occasionally earlier, but I’m sorry I don’t quite understand (have several grounds around each signal wire between the skr and rpi.), I should How to accomplish it.I would be grateful if you could share your wiring diagram

More
10 Aug 2021 02:29 #217360 by Bari
Please post a picture of your wiring and the machine you are controlling.

More
10 Aug 2021 02:52 - 10 Aug 2021 02:58 #217363 by Zuo99

巴里帖子=217360 用户ID=1324请张贴您的接线和您控制的机器的图片。

Below is my picture.
Figure 1 is my wiring diagram, according to the REMORA document, DuPont line.
Figure 2 is my drive. I used a switched external drive DM542, like the following:
www.cncrouter.gr/3d-printers-cnc/cnc-3d/...230-converter-cable/
Figure 3 is my workbench, driven by a 57 stepper motor. In fact, this is the reason why I use DM542.

I think the problem may not be the latter two, because there will be errors when the drive is not connected (just simply connect the Raspberry Pi and SKR).
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Aug 2021 02:58 by Zuo99. Reason: something wrong

More
10 Aug 2021 03:12 #217365 by Bari
www.forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/attachments/29932/01.jpg the SPI signals are too high a clock rate for wiring of this type.

You want the wires as short as possible and run in parallel with really good grounds. take a look at this previous post of a working cable www.forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/atta...54/remoraadapter.PNG

More
10 Aug 2021 03:22 #217366 by Zuo99

巴里帖子=217365 用户ID=1324https://www.forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/attachments/29932/01.jpg SPI 信号的时钟频率对于这种类型的接线来说太高了。

您希望电线尽可能短,并与非常好的接地平行。看看这个工作电缆的前一篇文章 www.forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/atta...54/remoraadapter.PNG

This is also a possible reason, thank you for your reply, I will try to change the way of wiring. thank you very much for your help.

More
11 Aug 2021 07:40 #217479 by gtt38
Did someone try SPI1 on the RPI ? (second SPI port)

More
12 Aug 2021 14:22 #217616 by Cncninja
Hey Scotta, could you look at the 4 axis mill files I posted I'm not having luck with it working I used the config app for the i/o and added the 4th to the existing but something seems to be missing.

Thank you

More
13 Aug 2021 03:52 #217653 by Aaroncnc
I am on mobile and looked at the zip.
Your Hal file is lacking any linking of the io
Take a look at the remora docs I added some Hal examples for the io.

Let me know if anything is unclear and I will help and try to add more to the docs

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds