Remora 1.0.0_rc released for testing

More
22 Oct 2021 23:06 #223963 by scotta

works great on a STM32F405

Great, do you mind posting a list of boards that you've tested? Make and MCU type.

It would be great to collate these and include them in the docs. Any suggestions for the naming convention for the binaries? At the moment there is an SKRV2 directory, but it sounds like this should be a little more generic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2021 23:38 #223966 by Aaroncnc
good news my new main board came in
I bought a BIGTREETECH SKR Pro v1.2
it has a STM32F407ZGT6

I wont have much time to test it till monday. But i have my fingers crossed.

More
22 Oct 2021 23:45 #223968 by tommylight
Well...as usual i am out of this game as i could not find anything with STM in my shop or anywhere locally to order, found a microbit someone gave to me lately and somewhere read it has an STM but not mine as it turns out.
Dang it, all my Creality printers have 8bit 2560 "Mega" something or another.
Back to fiddling with Klipper, for now.
So if there are no takers on that board, i am in "almost" Europe, in Kosovo, so if you decide to send it my way please do check first for the cost of transport as that might stretch the "gift" part to far.

More
23 Oct 2021 08:14 - 23 Oct 2021 08:22 #223976 by gtt38
No Pb Scott I’m gonna make a list but all I can test with this kind of minimal dev board is stepper and pwm and of course spi com.
To easily flash a dev board, I start to flash the MCU with a bootloader from BTT. It requires to know how the SD card is connected to the MCU (SDIO or SPI)
Note that most of Chinese dev boards have their SD card reader connected via SDIO. And most of the printer board via SPI to save a pin.
_ If SPI I flash with the BTT SKR pro 1.1 bootloader
_ if SDIO I flash with the BTT SKR2 bootloader
After that I put a SD card Fat32 with the remora STM32 firmware and a config file and power the board.
I can’t post here both bootloader for copyright reason. That’s why we need to create our own GPL bootloader in the near future.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2021 08:22 by gtt38.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari

More
23 Oct 2021 19:11 #224019 by Cncninja
Was the LPC also updated? I have the skr1.4 turbo, I have not been able to set up any peripherals on the board other than XYZ step gen, I would love a HAL file that was pre-configured for 4 axes and used the built-in home, probe, fan=flood, bed heater=spindle for mill use. If anyone could help that would be awesome i posted what I have so far in the other thread.

Thanks

More
23 Oct 2021 20:09 #224029 by scotta

Was the LPC also updated? I have the skr1.4 turbo, I have not been able to set up any peripherals on the board other than XYZ step gen, I would love a HAL file that was pre-configured for 4 axes and used the built-in home, probe, fan=flood, bed heater=spindle for mill use. If anyone could help that would be awesome i posted what I have so far in the other thread.

Thanks

Hi, Aaron has Remora running a mill I think. Maybe he'll be happy to share both HAL and Remora configs.

More
23 Oct 2021 20:35 #224030 by Bari
Added a SPI BUS connected section of boards to the wiki wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxCNC_Supported_Hardware
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
23 Oct 2021 22:51 #224039 by Aaroncnc

Cncninja post=224019 userid=28123Was the LPC also updated? I have the skr1.4 turbo, I have not been able to set up any peripherals on the board other than XYZ step gen, I would love a HAL file that was pre-configured for 4 axes and used the built-in home, probe, fan=flood, bed heater=spindle for mill use. If anyone could help that would be awesome i posted what I have so far in the other thread.

Thanks

I should be able to upload some file for you monday.
I should just put them up on the doc page.
A trick to make a hal file is to use the parallel port config tool to make the file with all the items you want then just change the paraport lines for remora input and outputs plus the load compentlines from the example configs.

More
24 Oct 2021 01:20 #224054 by Cncninja
That would be awesome! Thanks

More
24 Oct 2021 01:28 #224056 by Cncninja
Will the STM vs LPC have a faster step rate? I know some said 4 times faster SPI buss on the STM, but does that equate to a faster step Hz, or is the RPI the limiting factor? I already have the LPC-based SKR1.4pro, im just wondering for future builds. Thanks Much

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds