Remora 1.0.0_rc released for testing

More
24 Oct 2021 03:17 - 24 Oct 2021 20:18 #224060 by scotta

Will the STM vs LPC have a faster step rate? I know some said 4 times faster SPI buss on the STM, but does that equate to a faster step Hz, or is the RPI the limiting factor? I already have the LPC-based SKR1.4pro, im just wondering for future builds. Thanks Much

Hi, this is the next part of the development now that the STM32F4 is supported. I've got a cunning plan to double the step rate with the current servo thread frequency but also I'm working on having the Base Frequency as part of the config.txt so that we can play with max step rates. I think 80khz would be achievable now. That's 1000mm/s if I get the step doubling working. 100khz might even be possible.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2021 20:18 by scotta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2021 19:11 #224291 by Aaroncnc

Cncninja post=224019 userid=28123Was the LPC also updated? I have the skr1.4 turbo, I have not been able to set up any peripherals on the board other than XYZ step gen, I would love a HAL file that was pre-configured for 4 axes and used the built-in home, probe, fan=flood, bed heater=spindle for mill use. If anyone could help that would be awesome i posted what I have so far in the other thread.

Thanks

Please find the attached files i did not have time to flash my board to make sure they work but should be enough for you to see.

Also if you are having trouble with the config for the skr i have made a tool.
github.com/aaroncnc/Remora-GUI-Config-Tool
It needs a few changes for the newest branch of remora but the only change is the name for TMC and i will have a updae soon for the tool. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cncninja

More
25 Oct 2021 22:20 - 25 Oct 2021 22:20 #224306 by Aaroncnc
I have updated my config tool with the new TMC changes.

I am still lacking the motor enable option and the TMC com pins are hard set for a skr 1.4 board.

I will try to add the other 2 items soon.

Please let me know of any feedback or confusion/improvements.
Also i wish i knew a better way to code as i have soo many repeats that i feel i should try to use a variable variable.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2021 22:20 by Aaroncnc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari

More
26 Oct 2021 00:37 #224313 by cakeslob
What is the situation with the motorpower pin? I see a module but I dont see it in the sample config for skr2.
is it the same as posted in the thread? or is it not needed?
"Thread": "On load",
    "Type": "Motor Power",
        "Comment":            "Enable motor power SKR2",
        "Pin":                "PC_13"

More
26 Oct 2021 01:56 #224317 by Bari
We have to walk here before we can run but Mbed OS adds some overhead to generating steps. Someone can always fork this to a different real time OS or go OS free or even use assembly to max out performance.

More
26 Oct 2021 05:30 #224329 by scotta

We have to walk here before we can run but Mbed OS adds some overhead to generating steps. Someone can always fork this to a different real time OS or go OS free or even use assembly to max out performance.

Remora uses the Mbed bare-metal profile, so no overhead of an RTOS.

More
26 Oct 2021 05:52 #224331 by Bari

More
26 Oct 2021 06:50 #224336 by scotta

What is the situation with the motorpower pin? I see a module but I dont see it in the sample config for skr2.
is it the same as posted in the thread? or is it not needed?
"Thread": "On load",
"Type": "Motor Power",
"Comment": "Enable motor power SKR2",
"Pin": "PC_13"

Hi, the only sample config.txt is the one I posted. So yes this Motor Power module is needed.

More
27 Oct 2021 02:55 #224460 by Cncninja
Thanks so much, ill give this a try.

More
27 Oct 2021 19:23 #224534 by Aaroncnc
config tool updated
added the skr2 to the boards options (it will auto add the motor power enable to your config file)
Added TMC rx pins to the gui
Did a code refactor from 1,400 lines down to sub 250 lines

Do you think it would be worth the effort to start adding in a HAL and ini generation to the program?
So the user could setup a basic machine kinda like tha paraport setup there is now.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds