Remora 1.0.0_rc released for testing

More
17 Nov 2021 03:31 #226695 by scotta

Hi Scotta
The seed arch max uses SPI2 for the sd card whereas the black uses SDIO. I tried compiling in MBED studio last night but I had a few issues
but at 3 am I wasn't going to push it any further

Hi, thanks for the clarification. I'll update things to call it BLACK_F407E as I have set it up to use the SDIO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wazza77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2021 03:48 #226697 by scotta
Some good news. The initial port to STM32F103 is working. The new code structure definitely makes this very straight forward.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora/tree/develop

Development has been done an an Mks Robin E3 board with an STM32F103RC mcu. The Robin board uses an encoded bin file and for some reason the bootloader is causing some issues with some Mbed calls. So currently the bin file needs to be flashed to the board using an ST-Link. Given the 72Mhz clock of the F103, the code spends about 50% of the time in the base thread when running 4 step generators.

I chose the Mks Robin E3 as the dev board as most of the SKR boards share the SPI used for communications with the SD card. I think I have a work around for this but will need to get a board to test 100%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tjtr33

More
17 Nov 2021 06:28 #226700 by cakeslob

I chose the Mks Robin E3 as the dev board as most of the SKR boards share the SPI used for communications with the SD card. I think I have a work around for this but will need to get a board to test 100%.

I see that... I was about to load it on to a btt board with 103, but yeah, the sd is spi, and all the alts are being used by stepper signals....., which can serve as a segway into a question ,

What are your thoughts on writing the config to the i2c eeprom? Looks like a lot of boards have eeproms already, or alternately, wasnt mhel loading his via uart at startup or something like that?

More
17 Nov 2021 07:28 #226703 by wazza77
thanks, mate
these bords are so cheap the last one I believe is only AUD $17 I literally throw them in the cart if I'm ordering parts from suppliers that have them. with flash,rtc and all the io available.

More
18 Nov 2021 05:40 #226837 by scotta

I see that... I was about to load it on to a btt board with 103, but yeah, the sd is spi, and all the alts are being used by stepper signals....., which can serve as a segway into a question ,

What are your thoughts on writing the config to the i2c eeprom? Looks like a lot of boards have eeproms already, or alternately, wasnt mhel loading his via uart at startup or something like that?

Hi, which F103 SKR board do you have? I'd like to try out my idea but will be only able to test with a breadboard setup. I can work up the code and get you to test on the real board if that's ok?

More
18 Nov 2021 06:40 #226840 by cakeslob
github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-CR6

Just let me know what I gotta do, im down for whatever

More
19 Nov 2021 04:26 #226947 by scotta

github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-CR6

Just let me know what I gotta do, im down for whatever

Hmm, this is a wired one. There's no schematic available for the board and the pinout doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. There does not appear to be an SPI interface exposed on the available headers.

More
19 Nov 2021 07:09 #226956 by cakeslob
yeah, spi1 is on the sd card, spi2 and 3 are used for step/direction on x and e. soldering to the sd card is minor details, just let me know

More
03 Jan 2022 08:34 #230633 by Zuo99
I noticed that someone mentioned Octopus(STM32F446ZET6) and saw it in the project on GitHub. I would like to ask how it performs under Remora 1.0.0_rc. Does anyone use it for the actual work of 3d printers?

More
03 Jan 2022 23:59 #230699 by cakeslob
Currently, it does not operate as intended. The compiled version for 446 does not run, but the SKR2(407) version runs with a messed up system clock. I personally dont use it for 3d printing yet, but it seems like a pretty awesome board, it honestly seems like it is one of the top 3d printer boards compared to the other boards out right now.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds