Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
25 Mar 2024 23:26 #296783 by nicnucan
Thank you very much! Your manual is crucial. I've scrolled through the forum numerous times and missed it due to the spoiler warning message.

Thanks to your guide, I successfully got the Pico CMSIS-DAP working and re-flashed it with the CPP firmware. Now, I am able to ping the board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2024 23:44 #296785 by Cold Turkey
You're welcome man. The more people who use the guide and post results the better. Hopefully we can add it to the Remora docs once it's bullet proof.

More
28 Mar 2024 00:47 #296961 by cakeslob

Thanks for the great work on Remora,

But I seem to have found a slightly strange bug. Using purely the example configs (as attached) I have an interesting behaviour.

If I move an axis (only tested with X so far as my 'machine' is currently just electronics, no motion assembly) beyond a certain point in either direction from 'home' (whatever it was at poweron), the axis completes its movement, stops for ~1s, then begins endlessly 'walking' in the negative direction.

I have verified this isn't noise. It is full-depth pulses on the step/dir pins. Scope capture attached for both.

The 'walking' stops if the 'machine power' button is off, or if in e-stop. However it will resume on reactivation of the machine. It only stops if you bring the axis back close to zero in LinuxCNC.

During this behaviour, the DRO in LinuxCNC is not moving, this is definitely happening within Remora rather than LCNC itself.

Were you able to solve this? that is very abnormal behavior, and your config appears to be vanilla. Since no one else has chimed in, I can assume this is not happening for everyone else. Not using the rt1052, but i have not observed motion before that was not commanded by linuxcnc. Could you try some other axis, and configurations, such as regular stepgen and possibly a video so we can see what you mean? It seems odd in its relation to zero.

More
28 Mar 2024 00:56 #296962 by Mecanix
Floating pin/signal, somewhere. Faulty board, or misuse of pullup/down, if not at the driver/motor level...

More
29 Mar 2024 11:21 - 29 Mar 2024 11:33 #297093 by peterling
Hallo  oficinerobotica,
you said it is possible to flash a New EC500 with a unmodified ST Link V2 adapter? how does this work? At the moment I have 2 ST Link V2 in front of me and have problems to flash one of them to CMSIS-DAP because I don't know how to connect them. I can't locate the SWDIO and SWCLK pins on the PCB. 
I have a pin layout of the MH2103A, but I don't know the right names of the pins
When it is flashed to CMSIS-DAP it should be easy to flash the EC500. But how to do the flashing without CMSIS-DAP? Which software did you use?
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Mar 2024 11:33 by peterling. Reason: insert picture

More
29 Mar 2024 11:31 #297095 by Cold Turkey
Read the guide at the top of page 165. It explains in detail how to use a standard STLINK

Pyocd is the software being used. Look up a pin out picture for your STLINK You want GND, SWCLK and SWDIO (they may be marked slightly differently depending on manufacturer)

The pins on the EC500 are clearly marked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterling

More
29 Mar 2024 21:54 #297148 by pippin88
Apologies if already answered somewhere but I can't find info:

Is it possible to have multiple Remora controller boards used together?
E.g. if need more axis than one controller board can do, run two controller boards?

More
29 Mar 2024 22:23 #297155 by cakeslob
anyone with an rt1062/teensy 4.1 with ethernet, want to give the rt1052 firmware a try? it looks like they are very similar

Apologies if already answered somewhere but I can't find info:

Is it possible to have multiple Remora controller boards used together?
E.g. if need more axis than one controller board can do, run two controller boards?

I am hoping this becomes the next point of development, multiple instances of remora spi/ ethernet. I have tried to do 2 instances (quick and dirty with 2 comps, remora and remora2) but there are some IO that i dont know how to manage, with iocontrol

More
29 Mar 2024 23:24 #297164 by scotta
Running multiple boards should be feasible. Currently the IP address is hard coded in the firmware and LinuxCNC component. To run multiple boards we'll need to have the IP address configuration in the config.txt file and settable on the loadrt command line in LinuxCNC. Sounds like a great feature to implement.

More
29 Mar 2024 23:45 #297169 by cakeslob
running multi ethernet, dual spi boards (either 2 seperate spi channels or on the same), or SPI and ethernet at the same time. I tried doing spi + ethernet at the same time, but im stuck with how to deal with duplicate of these pins
# estop loopback, SPI comms enable and feedback
	net user-enable-out 	<= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out		=> remora.SPI-enable
	net user-request-enable <= iocontrol.0.user-request-enable	=> remora.SPI-reset
	net remora-status 	<= remora.SPI-status 			=> iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds