Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
17 Mar 2024 22:45 #296158 by vpomerleau
No but almost everything on this forum is about Mesa or parallel port.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2024 22:54 #296159 by Cold Turkey
That doesn't really matter, same rules apply, inputs are simply named differently.

ie: net spindle-index <= parport.0.pin-13-in
becomes: net spindle-index <= remora.input.13

This question is more Hal / linuxcnc related than Remora specifically.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/examples/spindle.html is a good place to start.

There is a "gear change" component built in to linuxcnc as well. Worth a research.

If you wanted to start a new thread on this topic I'd be happy to work with you on this and other Hal related questions as it is something I am working on "slowly" as well.

More
17 Mar 2024 23:22 - 17 Mar 2024 23:25 #296160 by vpomerleau
Yes I saw this, but do you think I need to use the remora encoder module or linuxcnc software encoder, it is what i'm not sure about, I made some test with this one without success, I'm gonna star a new thread tomorow

# add the encoder to HAL and attach it to threads.
loadrt encoder num_chan=1
addf encoder.update-counters base-thread
addf encoder.capture-position servo-thread

# set the HAL encoder to 100 pulses per revolution.
setp encoder.3.position-scale 100

# set the HAL encoder to non-quadrature simple counting using A only.
setp encoder.3.counter-mode true

# connect the HAL encoder outputs to LinuxCNC.
net spindle-position encoder.3.position => motion.spindle-revs
net spindle-velocity encoder.3.velocity => motion.spindle-speed-in
net spindle-index-enable encoder.3.index-enable <=> motion.spindle-index-enable

# connect the HAL encoder inputs to the real encoder.
net spindle-phase-a encoder.3.phase-A <= parport.0.pin-10-in
net spindle-phase-b encoder.3.phase-B
net spindle-index encoder.3.phase-Z <= parport.0.pin-11-in
Last edit: 17 Mar 2024 23:25 by vpomerleau.

More
17 Mar 2024 23:26 #296161 by Cold Turkey
I know this thread is a bit of a mess but discussion should really be aimed specifically at remora / remora hardware.

Start another thread and I'll have a look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vpomerleau

More
18 Mar 2024 13:22 - 18 Mar 2024 18:42 #296193 by cakeslob
it falls under the scope of remora, because it deals with our encoder specific module.  you will just get the same people looking at it in another thread anyways. just 1 more thread to keep track of.

remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sof...i-encoder-with-index

here is my attempt, havent tried to thread yet. this was intended for lathe

github.com/cakeslob/Remora/blob/nucleo_s...nuc_q/remora-xyz.hal

based on this

github.com/cakeslob/Remora/blob/nucleo_s...-xy_nuc_q/lathe2.txt

look around in the remora spi thread, i think someone has done threading before.

edit,  are you trying to do it the way it was explained in the linuxcnc software encoder module? we cannot do it that way with only A and Z, unless you guys have something different in your rt1052 firmware. you might be able to do just z, but probably not the way described in linuxcnc manuals, where A channel is 1pulse per rotation, unless you modify the firmware to only use A channel. You might be able to just clock Z not using the remora encoder module, but connecting it to linuxcnc software encoder module, like in the paraport example, and replacing the pin names like suggested by turkey, but this will only work if you are using z index and nothing else, as the encoder a/b counting in remora encoder is not compatible with the linuxcnc software encoder.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2024 18:42 by cakeslob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cold Turkey

More
18 Mar 2024 19:26 #296243 by Cold Turkey
No worries, sorry about that. Felt this thread was more aimed at developing and loading the Remora firmware. Thought a new thread more Hal related might help neaten things up and give people past the firmware and config somewhere to talk.

I was going to try and feed the encoder back to my VFD and use Z index pulse as you described but I'm still a fair way off from having it set up for testing. Thanks heaps for providing your example.

More
18 Mar 2024 19:47 #296246 by cakeslob
No, I understand. If it were anything else, I would suggest a hal specific thread. But the PRUencoder comp is pretty specifically remora, and I dont think the "normal" users would be able to assist us on this matter, (not that they wouldnt be able to understand, but its rather specific to remora and different from current linuxcnc setup).

I have been looking into hardware/software encoder recently, as I wrap up outstanding issues with my own remora board project. I was hoping we could wrangle up a few more users who are using the PRUencoder, so we could pool our resources and make a more proper spindle encoder module/comp and an easier config path. I get the feeling not to many other people are using the PRUencoder for spindle sync/closedloop/pid, so I was hoping we could get some input from other users who are using it successfully. I am currently only using it in a non closed loop mannor, to detect position/velocity

More
18 Mar 2024 20:00 #296247 by Cold Turkey
I'd be more than happy to help once I've got mine setup... not too sure how useful I will be though. It has been over 12 years since I can remember doing anything with linuxcnc (was still EMC last time I was using it) so I'm practically starting from scratch with my knowledge again.

Currently I have a WJ200 VFD working with RS485 via USB. Still have to fit my encoder to the spindle and I'm now starting my final wire up but can start testing as soon as it is finished.

More
19 Mar 2024 12:39 #296318 by Aravind
Hi, 
I am currently doing a project using EC500_V5 with remora firmware. 
Right now I am facing an issue. 
All my input pins are active low state. One of my sensor (proximity sensor) has an active high output. Is is possible to change the state of a particular input pin to active high? 

-Aravind

More
19 Mar 2024 12:41 #296319 by meister
you can use pullup/pulldown resistors to change the default level

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds