Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
20 Jun 2022 20:21 #245496 by viewtop1
Really Great work.

Is there a difference between the "Original" Remora and the NVEM version? Does the NVEM support QEI encoder?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2022 22:41 #245620 by andypugh
I have been following this with interest, but with a drawer full of Mesa cards and no new machine builds on the horizon I have not tried it.

But if you want it in the main repository, let's go for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Domi

More
25 Jun 2022 22:03 #245882 by scotta

Really Great work.

Is there a difference between the "Original" Remora and the NVEM version? Does the NVEM support QEI encoder?
Thanks

The main difference is that the "original" Remora uses an SPI interface. The NVEM version uses Ethernet. On the NVEM there is only one set of IO that is connected to a Timer with suitable pins. So we could get the QEI going on those pins. It would be suitable for a high speed spindle encoder. 

More
25 Jun 2022 22:05 #245883 by scotta

I have been following this with interest, but with a drawer full of Mesa cards and no new machine builds on the horizon I have not tried it.

But if you want it in the main repository, let's go for it.

Hi Andy, that would be great! The number of boards might even grow.

More
25 Jun 2022 22:11 #245885 by scotta
I've been contacted regarding Remora for the Digital Dream EC500 controller board and was sent some pictures. The EC500 looks to be very similar to the NVEM but running a STM32F407. It is a 24V IO card which would suit using normal industrial sensors etc.

I'm going to try and help get this running on his board in Brazil from the other side of the world. Let's see how this goes.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwarup

More
07 Jul 2022 06:14 - 07 Jul 2022 06:15 #246778 by Jan R.
Hi,
I have NVEM V2 running on Mach3 and I'm thinking about maybe trying this firmware on my router. The biggest issue I have with NVEM V2 under Mach3 is the probing isnt working as it should. I'm totally blank when it come's LinuxCNC, but I have been thinking about trying it out for a long time now. So maybe this is the time to do that.

1. Is probing an issue with this firmware?

2. My router is using 2 motors for the Y-axis. Is that gonna be problematic?

Cheers
Jan Rune
Last edit: 07 Jul 2022 06:15 by Jan R..

More
07 Jul 2022 06:38 #246781 by scotta
Hi Jan, you might need to come and join us and start using LinuxCNC. There is a bit of a learning curve but nothing to difficult.

I use probing extensively with Remora firmware running on other boards, SKR2 etc. So I would not foresee any issues.

LinuxCNC is super flexible and configurable and supports multiple joints per axis like gantry routers. Individual limit / home switches can be used for each Y axis joint

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...o-square-the-machine

More
07 Jul 2022 20:51 #246834 by Bari
HEY CHINA!!

If you are reading this, please copy this and sell us boards preloaded with Remora vs Mach3 firmware. It runs on Linux so you can even save $1 on a copy of a copy of Window$.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Jul 2022 21:12 #246837 by tommylight

HEY CHINA!!

Interesting, but there are rarely spammers from there here on this forum, all we get is essay, girls, and occasional machines.
:)

More
11 Jul 2022 06:06 #247056 by fintech
Does anybody have a NVEM V2 6 axis factory backup? Looking for a factory .bin. My controller is not responding.

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds