Error in ArcBuddy

More
15 Oct 2013 04:05 #39841 by Sterling
Error in ArcBuddy was created by Sterling
Howdy -

I've started using the program ArcBuddy, and it has worked fine until today (Granted I have only used it about a dozen times...)
The problem is - I enter the data (see image "ArcBuddy.png"
but when I copy it into my program (which already has two ArcBuddy outputs in it), I receive an error.
See image "error.png"
The only thing I can understand within this message is that the error file displays the 'center' coordinates incorrectly.
As you can see in the 'ArcBuddy" image, the center is =
X1.3125 Y1.4219
But in the 'Error" image, they are listed as =
X1.3125 Y 2.6857

Thanx in advance!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2013 11:17 #39846 by Sterling
Replied by Sterling on topic Error in ArcBuddy
New development...
I re-entered the data then changed the angle from 315 to 180 'CW'
to
180 to 315 CCW.
No error was returned, and the arc did show. However, this no longer follows the path. The spindle will now travel down it's projected path, then it will have to rise up, cross over to the bottom of the triangle, drop down, cut the arc, ending at a point where it just was, then lift up again, travel back to where it just dropped down to start the arc, but follow its initial path along the Y axis, where it will reach the next Arc (etc) until it reaches this spot again...

More
15 Oct 2013 18:06 #39865 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Error in ArcBuddy
Something is wrong, clearly, because that J value has to be nonsense. (The J offset can't be more than the diameter, that makes no sense at all)

More
15 Oct 2013 19:02 #39872 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Error in ArcBuddy
Wow I wrote that in 2008 and you just discovered an error. It calculates the arc based on the quadrant the arc lies in so one of the sections has an error. Let me see if I can find that and fix that.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling

More
15 Oct 2013 19:36 #39874 by BigJohnT
The quadrant 4 error has been fixed however the send to axis is broken and probably not very useful anyway as is only sent the G2/3 line.

JT

More
15 Oct 2013 20:08 #39876 by Sterling

The quadrant 4 error has been fixed however the send to axis is broken and probably not very useful anyway as is only sent the G2/3 line.

JT

I'm sorry, but I don't think I fully understand that. Does that mean that the program isn't going to work? Should I find a different way to get that corner done?

More
15 Oct 2013 22:43 - 15 Oct 2013 22:44 #39885 by BigJohnT
The ArcBuddy now works fine. There is a feature if you open arcbuddy.py in axis the Quit button changes to Sent to Axis and Quit. The Send to Axis and Quit feature seems to be broken now. Something must have changed in Axis. The current version 1.3 will work except for this feature.

Just download the current one from the wiki.

JT
Last edit: 15 Oct 2013 22:44 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling

More
15 Oct 2013 23:06 #39888 by Sterling
Awesome deal, THANX~!!!!

I am heading out of town today, but will give it a shot when I get back next week!

Just an FYI, (which you most likely already know) is that when I selected [Show Me] then [Copy to Clipboard] then [Quit] the text would not save in memory and I could not copy it to the file I am working on.
What I would do is select [Copy to Clipboard] then [Alt+Tab] to the file, copy in the Arc data, [Save] the file, *then* I'd quit Arcbuddy.
...I don't know if that was/is normal or a byproduct of what was wrong.

Thanx again!!!

More
15 Oct 2013 23:46 - 15 Oct 2013 23:48 #39891 by BigJohnT
It appears that the text copied to the clipboard only stays in the clipboard when arcbuddy is running. Must be an undocumented feature of Tk clipboard_append. I don't use Tk anymore and prefer using Gtk now for many reasons like this one.

Let me know how it works out for you.

JT
Last edit: 15 Oct 2013 23:48 by BigJohnT.

More
15 Oct 2013 23:49 #39892 by Sterling
Well...due to time constraints, I can't run the machine today. however, I was able to download the new file and give it a try.
Unfortunately, I again received an error... (as posted in image below)

I'm a PC/Windows user and am slowly understanding/learning Linux. Am I doing something wrong?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds