G code is not working...

More
16 Nov 2010 12:32 #5330 by axel88
Replied by axel88 on topic Re:G code is not working...
Hi,

I'm also trying to get a working g-code from Unigrapgix NX6. I builded a new postprocessor and changed G70 to G20 and G71 to G21. The first error is gone but now there is another error:

"near line 13" pastebin.ca/1993311

can anybody help me to build a working postprocessor or found a working configuration vor NX6 and EMC2?

Axel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2010 13:10 #5333 by BigJohnT
The error is pretty clear your radius is off for your arc by a whole bunch. This usually means you were not properly positioned at the start of the arc or your offsets are not correct. You can turn off the line numbers on your post processor as they are not needed.

When I'm writing a post processor for any control I start with a line then add an arc and get that to work in all directions and quadrants before trying a complex part. This rather simplifies the process. I also start with arcs of a known size and that makes it easy to see if the code generated it what I expected. I also use the Arc Buddy to generate my code to check my post against.

John

More
16 Nov 2010 13:16 #5334 by andypugh
What error is it giving? I suspect that it is an arc-centre error?

You might find that a G91.1 helps, the G-code is using relative arc-centres and it is possible that your EMC is in absolute.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//gcode_main.html#sec:G90.1,-G91.1

More
16 Nov 2010 13:31 #5335 by axel88

your offsets are not correct

What does that mean for the postprocessor? What do i have to change to correct this.

I'm sorry, but I'm far away from knowing what I'm doing.:unsure: I just found a "Post Builder" in the NX6 Start Menu which is a gui to edit an create post builders. Is there a chance to get this working without any experience with gcode and postbuilders?

So far I found out how to:
-Change gcode "numbers"
-set Feed Rate, Linear Axis Travel Limits, Linear Motion Resolution, Home Position
-create/modify start and end sequences

Axel

More
16 Nov 2010 13:57 #5337 by andypugh
BigJohnT wrote:

The error is pretty clear your radius is off for your arc by a whole bunch.

I checked it in Excel and it seemed spot-on to me, but only in incremental mode.

More
16 Nov 2010 14:01 #5338 by andypugh
axel88 wrote:

So far I found out how to:
-Change gcode "numbers"
-set Feed Rate, Linear Axis Travel Limits, Linear Motion Resolution, Home Position
-create/modify start and end sequences

Arc centre tolerance is 0.0002" or 0.002mm so you probably need to make sure that the preprocessor outputs positions to at least that accuracy.

More
16 Nov 2010 14:12 #5339 by axel88
In my postprocessor is defined:

G90 Absolute Mode
G91 Incremental Mode

and that's the same as in the documentation.

For 90.1 and 91.1 i can't find any defenition in the Post Builder.

Linear Motion Resolution is set as 0.0075mm so if i don't know how to influence the preprocessor could i raise this value?

Axel

More
16 Nov 2010 14:43 #5340 by andypugh
axel88 wrote:

In my postprocessor is defined:G90 Absolute Mode
G91 Incremental Mode
and that's the same as in the documentation./quote]

That is for linear moves so sets a different thing.

For 90.1 and 91.1 i can't find any defenition in the Post Builder.

I think EMC2 is unusual in allowing you the choice of how to define IJK arcs. Your postprocessor clearly works in incremental arcs, so it might be enough just to add G91.1 to the header block.
The first experiment required would be to add it by hand at the beginning of that G-code and see if it helps.

Linear Motion Resolution is set as 0.0075mm so if i don't know how to influence the preprocessor could i raise this value?

You need to make it smaller. .001 would be better. Knowing nothing at all about Unigraphics I don't know if you can change it.

More
16 Nov 2010 15:05 #5341 by BigJohnT
andypugh wrote:

BigJohnT wrote:

The error is pretty clear your radius is off for your arc by a whole bunch.

I checked it in Excel and it seemed spot-on to me, but only in incremental mode.

I just loaded the first few lines of code up in Axis and didn't check much beyond that...

John

More
16 Nov 2010 15:12 #5342 by andypugh
BigJohnT wrote:

I just loaded the first few lines of code up in Axis and didn't check much beyond that...

Your test is probably better than mine, I just checked line 13.

Is there a way to copy the exact error message? (Is it duplicated in dmesg or stdio?)
It might be instructive to find out what the numbers are.

Does a G91.1 help? (I think G91.1 is default, if it is then it shouldn't)

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds