G code is not working...

More
16 Nov 2010 20:53 - 16 Nov 2010 20:54 #5355 by axel88
Replied by axel88 on topic Re:G code is not working...
I tried changind I,J, K but there ist no effect. I found the defenition for AbsCoord and Coordinate. It's exactly the same and defines just the "textformat" (leading zeros, how long, numeric/text).
So there seems no option to change the postbuilder.

By the way, is there a way to test the Gcode in Windows without an Linux Emulator?
Last edit: 16 Nov 2010 20:54 by axel88.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2010 22:17 - 16 Nov 2010 22:18 #5361 by axel88
I discovered that the postprocessor files could be edited by an text editor. Perhaps someone recognizes the code or know how to modify it. This is one of the standard post processors. In the documentation the files are defined as:
my_machine_tool.pui
Only Post Builder uses this file. This file contains static information on how to write out the .tcl file. Although Post does not need this file, it must be present in the same directory as the .tcl and .def files in order to edit your postprocessor.

my_machine_tool.tcl
This file determines the blocks that need to be output from events that are generating by Post. This file uses the TCL language. Post Builder completely creates this file every time you save your postprocessor. Post also uses this file at run time to generate NC code.

my_machine_tool.def
This file defines all the static information for the postprocessor. This includes formats, address and NC blocks. The format of this file is a special syntax created by NX. This file is used by Post to postprocess the tool path and generate NC code.

File Attachment:

File Name: POSTPRO.zip
File Size:28 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2010 22:18 by axel88.

More
16 Nov 2010 22:33 #5362 by andypugh
axel88 wrote:

my_machine_tool.tcl
This file determines the blocks that need to be output from events that are generating by Post. This file uses the TCL language. Post Builder completely creates this file every time you save your postprocessor. Post also uses this file at run time to generate NC code.

Clearly the option exists, somewhere. Look at line 1480 and onwards in the .tcl file and (more specifically) line 117. You should be able to change line 117 to read "Absolute Arc Center" and then see what the output file looks like.

However, it does actually look correct as it is so I am not clear what might be wrong.

It does seem to indicate that, buried somewhere in the gui, is a way to set the arc centre format.

More
17 Nov 2010 16:26 #5369 by axel88
Ok i think i found the option:

and in the TCL stands:

set mom_sys_cir_vector "Vector - Absolute Arc Center"

But it's still the same Error Axis. I Attatched the postprocessor files and the ngc.

File Attachment:

File Name: tcl_and_ngc.zip
File Size:34 KB
Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2010 17:32 #5372 by andypugh
A screenshot of the exact error message would be useful. (Or just type it out exactly)

More
17 Nov 2010 18:49 #5374 by andypugh
I just tried your code in a VM. The radii differ by 0.0015"

I think the problem might now be one of accuracy, did you change the minimum accuracy value? It was in the box you posted the image of in #5347

More
17 Nov 2010 22:14 #5380 by axel88
In this postprocessor the accuracy was set as .0001 (because I have problems to load an old postprocessor I've to start a new one with all standard settings)

The Error was the same as posted here:

BigJohnT wrote:

I didn't see anything in dmesg. You have to check the last position as well as the arc to see if your in the correct starting position. With Arc Buddy you can define the center and the start and end angles and it gives you the two lines needed so it helps me make sure my post is putting out the proper start position as well as the correct arc move.

Screen Capture works.

John

but it says line 13 and the values could differ.

More
18 Nov 2010 00:08 #5383 by andypugh
axel88 wrote:

The Error was the same as posted here:

If that is the error you saw then you have not actually loaded the .ngc file you think you have loaded. (That is an error from the old Axel.ngc, not mittwoch.ngc)

More
18 Nov 2010 16:01 #5408 by axel88
this is a screenshot of the error, but i ment it is the same kind of error as in the screenshot before.
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2010 16:39 - 18 Nov 2010 16:40 #5411 by BigJohnT
You are slightly out of tolerance for the arc in mm. You need to tighten up your tolerances in your post processor for circle and or offset.

You are getting real close!

John
Last edit: 18 Nov 2010 16:40 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds