G code is not working...

More
18 Nov 2010 16:43 #5412 by andypugh
It is possible that you have changed the accuracy level in mm mode, but it has reverted in inch mode?

I have been fiddling round in Excel, and EMC2 is not wrong, those numbers really don't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2010 20:09 #5416 by axel88
Replied by axel88 on topic Re:G code is not working...
Yes, accidentaly the units were set in inch :( but I fix this and will try again.

If this shouldn't work, I found an option that should solve all these problems:

Output Circular Record
You can set this option to Yes or No. If set to Yes, the system outputs all circles based on the circle motion parameters. If set to No the system does not output circle blocks (G2 or G3).

But I think it's quite better to use circles based parameters if this is possible, right?

More
18 Nov 2010 20:32 #5418 by axel88
Ok even in Metric and Minimum Resolution =.0001 the error remains.

But with Output Circular Record disabled it worked. So is it a handicap without G2 G3 or is it equal?

In the Attachment is the working postprocessor without Circular Outputs.

File Attachment:

File Name: EMC2.zip
File Size:25 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yminder

More
18 Nov 2010 21:30 #5420 by andypugh
axel88 wrote:

Ok even in Metric and Minimum Resolution =.0001 the error remains.

You might need to also change the number of digits of numbers that get output

As an alternative, you can probably do circular moves in X Y Z R mode, then it is EMC2's job to make the radius work.

So is it a handicap without G2 G3 or is it equal?

Files will be much bigger, and will probably run a lot more slowly as the motion planner has a harder time.

More
18 Nov 2010 23:06 #5423 by axel88
The X,Y,Z format is set as "Cordinate" "5.3" -> XXXXX,XXX but in my *.ngc there are for e.g. "N0110 X-2.6228 Y2.5496" so one position after decimal point more than specified. Thats some kind of strange....

Secondly I don't understand why i should make the values much more precise than my mill could handle?

So do you think the error will be solved if I set the Cordinate Format to 5.4?

More
18 Nov 2010 23:35 - 18 Nov 2010 23:36 #5424 by andypugh
axel88 wrote:

The X,Y,Z format is set as "Cordinate" "5.3" -> XXXXX,XXX but in my *.ngc there are for e.g. "N0110 X-2.6228 Y2.5496" so one position after decimal point more than specified. Thats some kind of strange

The whole thing is rather strange.

Secondly I don't understand why i should make the values much more precise than my mill could handle?

The problem is that the postprocessor is outputting nonsense. If you look at those start-centre-end coordinates they do not define a circle, the centre is nearer one end than the other. EMC2 can't work out what to do about that. I have no idea how it is possible for the postprocessor to get it wrong, but it is doing.

So do you think the error will be solved if I set the Cordinate Format to 5.4?

I would be tempted to set it to 5.8 and the accuracy to 0.00000001 just to see what happens.

Is this an official, paid-for installation of Unigraphics? I think this should be a support call / bug report.
Last edit: 18 Nov 2010 23:36 by andypugh.

More
19 Nov 2010 21:32 #5447 by axel88
With this setting it worked, but the file was much bigger than without the circular option. I'll make some experiements wich settings are the quickest.

Thanks a lot!

More
19 Nov 2010 21:53 #5448 by andypugh
Have you looked at the code and/or checked the line count?

It will be a bigger file than with the lower precision, but only the same number of moves.

Unless the settings are wrong in some way, and G2 and G3 are not in the new file either. Have you looked?

You should be able to ratchet back the resolution and precision to a point that works but is less silly.

More
20 Nov 2010 09:49 #5460 by axel88
Ok the with Output Circular Enabled, the Error depends on what object i want to mill. With a simple torus i got the Error: "Radius is zero".

I think I'll cope without Circular Moves. This works fine.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds