Is there a way to print a message to AXIS?

More
22 Feb 2012 15:37 #17938 by BigJohnT
I actually have a python program working for you, I just need to polish it up and make it display your image when I go back down to the beer cave.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 15:55 #17940 by beltramidave
Thats awesome!!

You will have to tell me (in great detail) how to make it all work.

Thanks John!

More
22 Feb 2012 20:09 - 22 Feb 2012 20:10 #17944 by BigJohnT
Finally got it sorted out... you will have to change the path to the image file to suit your installation directory. And don't forget to remove the .txt and make it executable.

File Attachment:

File Name: M115.txt
File Size:1 KB

John
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 20:10 by BigJohnT.

More
22 Feb 2012 21:18 #17947 by beltramidave
John,

That is awesome, works perfect!!!

I made one change...instead of using the Enter key, I used the "r" key for resume.

Could I use a .dxf file or is the script looking for a certain type of file based on whatever is opening it? I noticed that it was not using eog to open (or at least the prefix wasn't needed).

You are going to make some people very happy and the end result will be better production and less wasted parts.

Thanks! :)

Dave

More
22 Feb 2012 21:59 #17949 by BigJohnT
AFAIK, it only opens up an image file. So if you convert your dxf to an image your good to go. It uses native python image handling to display the image.

John

More
22 Feb 2012 22:26 #17951 by beltramidave
Thanks, that is what I did...I just exported my .dxf to a .bmp file and everything looks great.

Thanks again for all your help.

Dave

More
23 Feb 2012 00:14 #17955 by BigJohnT
Glad you got it to work for you.

John

More
23 Feb 2012 22:04 #17986 by beltramidave
John,
Is there a way to get rid of or hide the 'OK' button, but still be able to use the 'Enter' key to close the window? I have been playing around with it but haven't figured it out. I would like to take the element of confusion out of the message so they don't think that they have to click on 'OK'.

More
23 Feb 2012 22:14 #17987 by BigJohnT
Well, you could have a button with no text and that might do it... or you would have to change the key binding iirc and just get rid of the button.

John

More
23 Feb 2012 22:23 #17988 by beltramidave
I want to be able to use 'Enter' to close, but don't really want the button. I think I can see in the script that they are tied together. My question is/was, do we need the button in order to use 'Enter' to close the screen. It's not a huge deal, just thought if it was easy to do, that I would eliminate it.

Thanks,
Dave

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds