BLDC and fanuc redcap parameter problems?

More
31 Dec 2015 00:52 #67564 by andypugh
You are getting into areas now where even I don't know what will happen. :-)

fqi ought to work as input. fi might work (it ought to start using the encoder at the first fanuc code transition. fqi should start using the encoder at the index.

You may not need the T of HT. There isn't a way to do sinusoidal H output.

I would try fqH first then see if fqiH is better.

A 3000 line encoder is 12000 with quadrature. To be sure see what the counts do if you turn the shaft once by hand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:00 #67565 by gmouer

You are getting into areas now where even I don't know what will happen. :-)

fqi ought to work as input. fi might work (it ought to start using the encoder at the first fanuc code transition. fqi should start using the encoder at the index.

You may not need the T of HT. There isn't a way to do sinusoidal H output.

I would try fqH first then see if fqiH is better.

A 3000 line encoder is 12000 with quadrature. To be sure see what the counts do if you turn the shaft once by hand.

Ok, I am on it right now. Will report back in a bit.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:10 #67567 by gmouer
mode fqH is not happy at all Throws no-pin error for encoder-offset, encoder-enable and maybe more, stopped there

mode fqiH does not throw the errors above

mode fqiH motor jumps, quick rev then oscillates in place. I toggled the init pin at that point, init-done did not change.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:13 #67568 by gmouer

mode fqH is not happy at all Throws no-pin error for encoder-offset, encoder-enable and maybe more, stopped there

mode fqiH motor jumps, quick rev then oscillates in place. I toggled the init pin at that point, init-done did not change.

added the "T" for fun, mode fqiHT motor now does not jump and oscillate but seems to run in code conversion mode. Toggling init has no effect at all, init-done remains false.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:14 #67569 by andypugh

fqH would not know what to reference an offset to, so the pin is not created.

Because in that case the offset is relative to the index.

If the component creates an init pin for fqiH then that's probably a minor bug. The init pin has no role in any config with "f" in it.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:17 #67570 by andypugh

added the "T" for fun,.

It's probably worth reading through the the code of the component

It looks more complicated than it is because there are 500 lines of code to create the documentation. But if you start at 467 is it vaguely comprehensible, a state-machine for input and another one for output.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:23 #67571 by gmouer

added the "T" for fun,.

It's probably worth reading through the the code of the component

It looks more complicated than it is because there are 500 lines of code to create the documentation. But if you start at 467 is it vaguely comprehensible, a state-machine for input and another one for output.

I am no where up to the task of understanding the code. I looked at it before and was totally lost in short order. Heck, linux is new to me !

More
31 Dec 2015 01:29 - 31 Dec 2015 01:30 #67573 by gmouer
Ok, back to mode fqH Commented out the encoder offset line, got rid of that error.

Next error is bldc.0.index-enable does not exist. That seems strange, I did not comment that one out. I am assuming we NEED the index for referencing our commutation timing to the encoder.

I am beginning to see why nobody has ran a redcap like this before, but I don't quit easily
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 01:30 by gmouer.

More
31 Dec 2015 01:34 - 31 Dec 2015 02:17 #67574 by gmouer

Ok, back to mode fqH Commented out the encoder offset line, got rid of that error.

Next error is bldc.0.index-enable does not exist. That seems strange, I did not comment that one out. I am assuming we NEED the index for referencing our commutation timing to the encoder.

I am beginning to see why nobody has ran a redcap like this before, but I don't quit easily

Commented out the bldc index enable , no errors now, motor jumps and then oscillates in place.

Added a screenshot of the hall outputs in this mode while motor is oscillating Its probably useless considering the motor is oscillating in place.

(also, a few steps back, I did verify raw encoder counts as 12000 by turning shaft, corrected hal bldc entry to 12000 before these tests)
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 02:17 by gmouer.

More
31 Dec 2015 02:12 - 31 Dec 2015 02:46 #67576 by gmouer
I am still confused why the pin bldc.0.pattern does not exist ! According to the BLDC doc, as I read it, it should be there. Maybe this is why I am oscillating, bad commutation pattern and I cannot set one. (other than bldc.0.output-pattern which is only used for the signal translation function as I read it)

What is up with this?

I read the old emails John Sheerin gave me when you worked with him on his redcap. My drive is in velocity mode, speed being controlled by a pot, does bldc need to have control of motor speed / position for my tests? The old emails raised this question.
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 02:46 by gmouer.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds