BLDC and fanuc redcap parameter problems?

More
31 Dec 2015 03:02 #67581 by andypugh

I am still confused why the pin bldc.0.pattern does not exist ! According to the BLDC doc, as I read it, it should be there..

output-pattern should be there, has that disappeared? (input)pattern has no meaning unless you have Hall pattterns on the input side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2015 10:13 - 31 Dec 2015 10:13 #67588 by gmouer

I am still confused why the pin bldc.0.pattern does not exist ! According to the BLDC doc, as I read it, it should be there..

output-pattern should be there, has that disappeared? (input)pattern has no meaning unless you have Hall pattterns on the input side.

output-pattern is there, that is what I have been using for code conversion

pattern is NOT there, and throws a error if pin is assigned. Docs say this pin is used to set output pattern in encoder mode.

Two different pins according the the docs.
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 10:13 by gmouer.

More
31 Dec 2015 12:57 - 31 Dec 2015 12:57 #67594 by andypugh

Docs say this pin is used to set output pattern in encoder mode.

Tha's not the way that I read the docs, (nor what I meant to say when I wrote the docs).

The bet bet is to open a halcmd prompt, load the component, and make a note of the pins for each mode, make a note of which pins are created, Then only try to use the ones that exist.

ie in a terminal window
halrun
loadrt bldc cfg="fiqHT"
show param
show pin
exit
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 12:57 by andypugh.

More
31 Dec 2015 22:55 - 31 Dec 2015 23:07 #67623 by gmouer
From the doc:
bldc.N.output-pattern u32 rw [if personality & 0x400] (default: 25)
Commutation pattern to be output in Hall Signal translation mode. See the description of /fBpattern/fR for details

This leaves only bldc.N.pattern to set the pattern in the other modes as far as I can see and the docs seem to state.

If not, then what does specify the pattern when using the encoder?

I have been running under linuxcnc with the axis screen. I have been routinely using the hal monitor to see available pins and monitor them. I am not the first to attempt interfacing a redcap and I don't believe anyone has actually succeeded yet. If you know of anyone that has succeeded with redcaps and bldc, I would greatly appreciate a link to the information.

Thanks
Last edit: 31 Dec 2015 23:07 by gmouer.

More
31 Dec 2015 23:08 #67626 by andypugh
You are in Hall Signal Translation mode, you are translating the Fanuc codes to Hall codes.

....output-pattern always controls the output Hall pattern, regardless of input mode.

More
31 Dec 2015 23:14 #67629 by gmouer

You are in Hall Signal Translation mode, you are translating the Fanuc codes to Hall codes.

....output-pattern always controls the output Hall pattern, regardless of input mode.

So what mode is bldc.N.pattern used for then? Very confusing.

More
31 Dec 2015 23:16 #67630 by andypugh

That is used for motors that have Hall sensors on them, in situations where the drive does not use Hall signals, or where the drive uses a different standard of Hall signal.

More
31 Dec 2015 23:18 #67631 by gmouer

I thought that the fanuc codes were completely ignored once the encoder hit the index mark, and the encoder was used as the data source for Hall codes during that mode of operation.

More
31 Dec 2015 23:21 #67632 by gmouer

That is used for motors that have Hall sensors on them, in situations where the drive does not use Hall signals, or where the drive uses a different standard of Hall signal.

Ok, now I understand. Thats the sort of info that would make life a lot easier.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds