Joypad question:

More
29 Nov 2010 13:30 #5723 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Joypad question:
That seems rather odd. Can you jog axes simultaneously in Joint mode?

Can you keyboard-jog axes simultaneously in each mode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2010 22:59 #5755 by dab77
Replied by dab77 on topic Re:Joypad question:
yes and yes.
that seemed to me strange, with keyboard i can jog all axis together. with the joypad the second axis stop everything. while in joint mode everything is ok.

More
29 Nov 2010 23:19 #5756 by andypugh
I can definitely jog freely in all directions simultaneously with my joypad.

It is possibly a kinematics limitation. I don't know how much work it would be to switch to trivkins and see if it the same then. (nor how much more that would tell us)

More
29 Nov 2010 23:41 #5757 by dab77
ok, i'll do this try. but after two days 'cause i'm working far away now.
thanks for confirm me it should work. cheers.

More
07 Dec 2010 17:56 #5913 by dab77
hallo, finally i've found some little time to try again, and i tried to jog in world mode, with my non-linear kinematics again, but with emc2.4.6, both into ubuntu8.04 and 10.04, and on two totally different pc.
doesn't work.

so the point should be exactly where you suggest. the kinematics.
i still have to try with a linear kinematic configuration, and i'm going to do that now, but if it's like that, what would you suggest?
at the end my tetrapod kinematics are just a modification of the tripodkins.c that i've found in emc2.

it would be nice to know if anyone has ever jogged with a joypad a bipod or tripod machine...did anyone??

More
11 Dec 2010 13:50 #5974 by dab77
andypugh wrote:

I can definitely jog freely in all directions simultaneously with my joypad.

It is possibly a kinematics limitation. I don't know how much work it would be to switch to trivkins and see if it the same then. (nor how much more that would tell us)

I finally tried to exchange from loading myTetrapodkins to trivkins.. the problem is that i can't do any comparison because with the trivkins i can't go into world mode (SHIFT+$)..correct me if wrong.

then i 've to say that in joint mode i can jog all 4 axis simultaneously too. so??

I've also tried to use HIDCOMP instead of the simple-remote-pendant mode (and i find it very useful, because of the possibility of changing the curves..), but it does the same problem. only one direction per time.

another thing is i've been reading the halscope while trying to jog, and the reading of input pins was ok.
is there a way to 'read' what happens inside kinematics conversion?...even if i suppose is not a kinematic problem, because with the keyboard i can jog in every direction (for example UP-ARROW and LEFT-ARROW together) and it works.

needing help.
thanks.

More
13 Dec 2010 19:45 #6006 by dab77
Anyone that can confirm something?

More
14 Dec 2010 13:17 #6028 by andypugh
I wonder if it is an issue with halui?

You could try driving the jog pins directly with halcmd setp commands on the command line, but you would have to be fast on the keyboard to prevent crashing.

More
14 Dec 2010 19:45 #6044 by dab77
andypugh wrote:

I wonder if it is an issue with halui?

You could try driving the jog pins directly with halcmd setp commands on the command line, but you would have to be fast on the keyboard to prevent crashing.

UH?!:unsure: :S
for 'command line' do you intend the MDI inside axis, or a terminal? why fast?

i've also buyied a cheap joystick to try with. it has 3 axis so (when working) it would be very useful!
you can see a video of the tetrapod here:

as you can see i can jog perfectly one direction per time, but as soon as i push in a diagonal direction (x and y, for example.) it stops.

what about the keyboard? where and how are the key assigned? (arrows, page up/down..) because i can't figure out why with the keyboard, the motion is ok!!

is there a way, for example, to 'plug' the joystick inside the emc code in place of arrow-keys? (just supposing..)
thanks again for helping.

More
17 Dec 2010 10:27 #6094 by dab77
for those who are interested I recieved a nice video of the 'famous' volleyball flying with EMC2.
i would like to share that with you all.
in the video one of the 4 motor is visible, but it was the prototype. (v 0.1..)
now it's with a inox cage (not wooden like in the video..) and it has two drums (reels) and wires per motor, and sincronized wire drivers.
i'll post photos if any is interested.

...I'm the one with long tail hair...
ciao!

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds