Joypad question:

More
21 Nov 2011 23:13 - 21 Nov 2011 23:16 #15004 by dab77
hallo, i bring back to life this thread because i would like to go on with solving the 'jogging in world mode' issue.
now finally after some months i've some time to spend on it.

i started doing againg the same tests i did last year:
tried:
-tetrapod kins
-tripod kins
-bipod kins.
tried with:
-hal_input
-joyhandle
-hidcomp
always same issue:
into joint mode i can jog simultaneously all 2/3 or 4 axis.
when i pass into world mode i can jog only one axis, when i add another axis (for ex. X and Y together..) it jogs only one axis (that one which gave last value) doing instead of a diagonal between X and Y, a sort of a stair. Sometimes this return an f.error. but it's rare.

i can say that my setup is with stepper motors, that i'm using now emc 2.4.6 both on 8.10 and 10.04. And that if i jog in world mode using keyboard it works ok.
i tried also with trivial kinematics, but since i cannot 'jump' to world mode, it's useless.

these are my files of a bipod, if anyone want to try them with a joystic or joypad. In this configuration i also tried to setup units in inches. normally i use mm.

File Attachment:

File Name: Bipod_Files.zip
File Size:4 KB

i really wish someone can help me, because for my machine jogging with a joystick in world mode is really important!
maybe trying this setup, or sending me a working setup to try.

Thanks, Davide.
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Nov 2011 23:16 by dab77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 11:06 #15017 by dab77
i'm triyng also on emc 2.5 and 2.6, with the same issue.

it seems logically strange, because if i jog in world mode only axis X i.e., it works, so kinematics work ok with joystick input.

what doesn't work is the computing of mixed joystick analog input (X and Y together..). The software computes only one joystick analog input at a time. please help me in realizing where the problem could be.

More
22 Nov 2011 15:04 #15021 by BigJohnT
We have been tossing ideas around a bit but have not come up with a solution.

Can you run your config in one of the sample config sims?

John

More
22 Nov 2011 23:21 #15030 by dab77

John

Sorry john, i think i really didn't understand your suggestion. (maybe my language issue) ...so what?
i'm happy you're triyng to discover a solution for this problem, so i guess it's not only my problem, is it?

really, triyng to think logically, i cannot understand where is the bug. why if i push up-arrow and left-arrow together it's ok, but if i push up-analog and left-analog joystick it isn't?

who's the guilty module?

thanks, for answering john, but please tell me more!

davide.

More
22 Nov 2011 23:45 #15031 by andypugh
Can you try your joypad setup with trivkins, then set trivkins to KINEMATICS_BOTH and see what happens?
(I might try the same thing myself, but it's all a bit awkward with my computers where they are at the moment)

More
23 Nov 2011 00:12 #15032 by dab77
mmmh..
ok i'll try that tomorrow.
With this change i think i should enter world mode also into trivial kinematics, is it?

andy, can you tell me if at least one time you could jog with a joystick in a non-trivial kinematic system, in world mode? just to know if i'm doing something that nobody could do or if i'm the only one who cannot do!

thanks, davide.

More
23 Nov 2011 09:35 - 23 Nov 2011 09:40 #15042 by dab77
andypugh wrote:

Can you try your joypad setup with trivkins, then set trivkins to KINEMATICS_BOTH and see what happens?
(I might try the same thing myself, but it's all a bit awkward with my computers where they are at the moment)

Ok, today i could do that. ...and...now i can exchange between joint and world mode into trivial kinematics, but the problem remains the same.

to clarify i took a snapshot of what happens if i try to move the two axis toghether triyng to obtain a diagonal movement:
i really don't think it is a kinematics problem.

it seems to me that the part of program which reads the joystick, when into world mode can read only one input at a time. But i don't know which is the part of program..

davide.
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Nov 2011 09:40 by dab77.

More
23 Nov 2011 10:52 - 23 Nov 2011 10:56 #15044 by dab77
I took another screenshot, now using bipod kins:

Here what you can see is that i'm moving joystick in diagonal (in the moment of the screenshot analog X is at 0.51, while analog Y is at 1.0)
what you can't see in a picture is that halui.axis.0.pos-xxx are moving, while halui.axis.1.pos-xxx stay the same. (in fact i can see a movement only in the X direction..)

i can't find other useful things to measure here.

but one things that came in my mind is that it could be that for joystick input, there is a sort of "halui.jog.selected_axis" that make the program choose for one axis to read at a time. i've looked between all the pins and signals, but cannot find anything similar.
do you think it can be like that? (i wish i could explain what i was thinking..sorry for my limitated english..)

davide.
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Nov 2011 10:56 by dab77.

More
23 Nov 2011 11:29 #15045 by dab77
BigJohnT wrote:

We have been tossing ideas around a bit but have not come up with a solution.

John

Hi John, i did what you asked. I took axis_mm_sim, i added into that my joypad.hal, i changed into trivkins.c to KINEMATICS_BOTH, so i could change into world mode, but also into the sim i have the same issue.

other ideas?

More
23 Nov 2011 12:50 #15050 by andypugh
dab77 wrote:

Ok, today i could do that. ...and...now i can exchange between joint and world mode into trivial kinematics, but the problem remains the same./quote]

That's interesting. I wasn't expecting that to fix it, but it does take something else out of the equation.

So, you can jog simultaneously in trivkins in Joint mode, but not in World mode?

I will try the same test on my system tonight, but I think your test makes it clear that the problem is somewhere in Axis or Motion.

Actually, will your config work with tkEmc as the GUI? And is that the same?

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds