7i92 + bob

More
06 Jul 2022 09:11 #246704 by Ondrej
Replied by Ondrej on topic 7i92 + bob
Here is servo period from INI file. I was not changing that in pnconf.  

I read some topics on this error and it seeems like it will be very bad -_-. When I make pnconf Iam able to turn with motors in testing. When I run the configuration then this error occurs.

When I run the configuration the INIT red led blinks on the mesa card and after blinking then it stays ON all the time. (so before running configuration its OFF, but after showing error it stays ON all the time.)  

Some time ago I was installing PCIE-LPT card to this computer because I wanted to run linuxcnc via lpt. Then I get this mesa so I can run in through ethernet. Is it possible there is something badly configured e.g. in BIOS...? I was not able to run the PCIE-LPT card but its still there in the PC. 

Maybe my power supply connection of mesa-bob? I measured the voltage on the 5V power supply that is taken from the BOB ( As I showed before) and I measured 4,3V. Maybe its not enough. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2022 10:02 #246705 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i92 + bob
4.3V is not enough.
Should be 4.75-5.25V

More
06 Jul 2022 15:50 #246728 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i92 + bob
4.3V _is_ too low. but the red INIT LED indicates that communications were
lost long enough for the watchdog to bite (5 ms?) and power loss was not
the reason for the error. If power loss occurred when LinuxCNC was running,
you would expect the INIT LED to be off.

I would try fixing the 5V issue, but I don't think it is the cause or communication loss.

This really looks like a host communication issue of some kind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Jul 2022 17:40 - 06 Jul 2022 17:42 #246741 by Ondrej
Success?

I take 5V power supply, cut USB cable for power for BOB, connected 5V to mesa.And now it seems its working. 

Whats strange to me is that I found Iam not able to connect to wifi (Iam using USB-wifi adapter) (-this was before fixing 5V power) I found that when I disconnect ethernet cable from mesa and tried to run wifi it worked, when I plugged back the mesa to PC it stopped to work.

But now when I changed the 5V power supply, wifi is working... (I hope it will work even tomorrow)

Now I have another problem, on my machine I have two motors on Y axis, I configured it in pnconf, but when I run the configuration, only one motor is turning. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jul 2022 17:42 by Ondrej.

More
09 Jul 2022 18:16 #246967 by Ondrej
Does anyone know where can be problem? I know there is a lot of ways how to do the double motor for one axis. I selected the XYZ machine and choose 2x the Y axis in I/O connector. Today I was looking on some HAL and INI manuals but Iam not able to solve this fast.

More
09 Jul 2022 19:38 #246972 by PCW
You should select tandem axis (Y2) not main axis for the tandem Y axis
( At least this is supported in LinuxCNCs 2.9 pncconf)

More
09 Jul 2022 19:40 #246973 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i92 + bob
Do you have separate limit/home switches for both Y joints ?
If yes, then as PCW said, one Y axis and the other as tandem Y.

More
11 Jul 2022 19:49 #247103 by Ondrej
Yes now its working when I choose tandem axis. I dont have any limit switches connected. But tomorrow I want to try new configuration with limit switches. 

First I will try NO NPN proximity switches and then I will try NC PNP - need to study how to connect them, Iam not sure if it wont draw high current for long time when its normally closed.

This might be stupid question - I want to connect 24V power supply to BOB where it should be and then connect proximity sensors to BOBs input pins. Am I right that it wont do anything to mesa card? The power supply is for proximity sensor and then in BOB there is optocoupler which is 5V for mesa, right? .. Dont want to do any mistake. 

Attachments:

More
20 Jul 2022 09:41 - 20 Jul 2022 09:46 #247827 by Ondrej
another question.I have connected proximity switches to bob. (schematics) 
Iam using NPN NO proximity sensors  .

And now I want to make PNconf. But I dont know what number of pins should I choose there. So I will be trying some combinations probably.
And here is the question - will something happen if I set some pin as output and when I run the configuration, then the pin will be actually physically wired to something what works as input ( e.i. limit switch in this case) ? Or vice versa - I will program something as input and but the physical thing is in meaning of ouput?

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2022 09:46 by Ondrej.

More
20 Jul 2022 14:41 #247852 by PCW
To know which GPIO pin maps to which BOB pin, you can use mesaflash:

mesaflash --device 7i92 --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid --dbname1 5abob
or
mesaflash --device 7i92 --addr 192.168.1.121 --readhmid --dbname1 5abob

(using the latest mesaflash)

GPIO pins default to inputs, so things like limit switch inputs require no setup

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds