7i92 + bob

More
20 Jul 2022 20:44 #247877 by Ondrej
Replied by Ondrej on topic 7i92 + bob
I used mesaflash --device 7i92 --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid, the mesaflash --device 7i92 -addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid --dbname1 5abob output was : mesaflash: unrecognized option --dbname1however Iam still not able to know what pin belong where. there is only Pin and I/O and none of them tell me excatly what Num is that in Pncconf. 

I tried to move with motors but I was just getting some errors (Join 0,1,2 on limit switch error), probably not well configured.When I check override limits Iam able to move with motors but its not working properly, some limit switches are not wired well probably... 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2022 21:36 #247882 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i92 + bob
In the terminal, the result of mesaflash:
PIN# are parallel port pins
I/O are mesa pins, or the pins used by hal file.

More
20 Jul 2022 22:42 #247887 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i92 + bob
You need the latest  mesaflash to have the dbname# option:

github.com/LinuxCNC/mesaflash

(build/install options on the bottom)

Here is the result of running the command on a 7I92 with 5abob firmware:

File Attachment:

File Name: 5a.txt
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

More
21 Jul 2022 20:22 - 21 Jul 2022 20:25 #247987 by Ondrej
I installed latest mesaflash from github steps.

I think the mesaflash --device 7i92 --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid gave me better informations [if those PIN# and I/O are really configuration of mesa]. The dbname1 output give names and I/O pin {dont know whats advantage of this}. 

File Attachment:

File Name: dbname_2022-07-21.txt

However I was not able to set proximity sensors. They are connected to BOB pins 11,12,13,15 if I look on I/O, then it should be 14,15,16,3. Do this numbers {Num} match to these in pncconf when I set I/O connector 2? Only one proximity sensor seems to be doing something, Iam getting just some errors due to low knowledge of homing machine {but first I want to know that the limit switches are well defined}.

I found something in hal file and changed there this numbers, but its working still same I think... 

File Attachment:

File Name: test8.hal
File Size:12 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: test8.ini

guys thank you for your help
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jul 2022 20:25 by Ondrej.

More
21 Jul 2022 20:33 #247988 by PCW

The dbname1 output give names and I/O pin {dont know whats advantage of this}. 

The advantage is that the "dbname#"  listing gives the names used
on the BOB including the PWM, relay and axis names

Did you look at the limit.home switch pins in halshow to verify that:

1.  They change when you activate the switch by hand
(on that BOB you need to supply external 12V-24V and the
inputs are activated by grounding them)

2.  That  they have the correct polarity (false when not activated)
(you may need to check the invert option in pncconf)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mor

More
23 Jul 2022 19:35 #248137 by Ondrej
yes problem was in the inverting signal in pncconf... (thx I wasnt even trying this option because I thought its well configured)
Bob is powering with 24V, the proximity (NPN NO) sensors are wired as in previous photo ( wondering if there is not necessary some pull up resistor for example..?)

However one thing is again strange for me. For proximity sensors in pncconf I have set function <Axis> Both Limit + Home, Pin Type GPIO INPUT.
Thats for all axis (X, Y, Y2, Z).  I run configuration and click on Home All (btw. everything is connected on my desk not on the machine).

The first is homing Z axis, when is motor turning I trigger the sensor (motor then spins slower), wait a while and again trigger the sensor - from this Iam expecting to have Z axis homed. But it tells me joint 3 on limit switch error.

Am I doing something wrong? I have read linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/ini-...html#_home_is_shared and was looing on another topics also...

More
23 Jul 2022 20:02 #248140 by PCW
Did you set the home latch velocity as opposite?

More
09 Aug 2022 19:33 #249422 by Ondrej
Okay I put the motors on the machine and tried some homing and moving. Seems to be working as expecting (at leas for me).

But something is again weird. On my Z axis I have closed loop stepper motor. On Y and Y2 axis there are open loop steppers. X axis is now with closed loop stepper motor but previously it was with open loop (Iam planning to install closed loop everywhere) and I had problems with precise moving. 

I was testing X for going back and forth for 2mm. And everytime when the axis get to 2mm movement it gone 0.01mm further. So it was like 2.00 then 2.01 then 2.02 then 2.03 and so on. There is backlash too but this is not backlash this is problem of the driver probably. Can I somehow fix this?

Open loop motor : www.aliexpress.com/item/33045182420.html...t.0.0.20b818025sF4Lf
Driver : www.aliexpress.com/item/32992636105.html...t.0.0.20b818025sF4Lf

Closed loop motor : www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001671292115...t.0.0.7aad1802Y4omUB

More
09 Aug 2022 20:13 #249428 by PCW
You can lose a step or so on reversals if you violate the step --> direction
setup and hold timings.

Note that setup and hold timings are relative to the leading edge of the step
pulse output, so if you have the step polarity backwards you may have less
hold time than you expect.

More
11 Aug 2022 15:40 #249531 by Ondrej
Yes it may be Lost Steps. However what can be solution? When I installed Closed loop on Z And X it Worked well. With open loop on X it did this problems. Now I installed Closed loop on Y And Y2 And the problem Is even on these motors for Y Axis.

Can reducing microsteps or even power supply for drivers solve this?
Maybe something in linuxcnc?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds