Re:CHNC-1 Retrofit & Upgrades

More
13 Jul 2012 00:27 #21859 by BigJohnT
LOL, I thought you meant a Dorian tool holder...

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2012 00:57 #21860 by Alloy Craft
Rob, I am going to be retrofitting a older CHNC with ac servos an such, but need the get new pulleys and belts, where did you find those? Also I think I am going to be using Mesa cards. What cards did you end up using on this conversion?

thanks.

More
13 Jul 2012 04:15 #21861 by bobinater
sorry john

I should have been more clear with my post as you can tell i sometimes go off on a tangent

when I get excited about something new.

no harm no foul

bob

More
13 Jul 2012 11:24 #21870 by BigJohnT
Bob,

I got my belts and o-rings and quad rings from McMaster Carr they are standard off the shelf parts, the pulleys you can get from Hardinge or other sources.

John

More
13 Jul 2012 14:50 #21884 by bobinater
Thanks John

I did not get a chance to work on it last night

had to do the domestic thing.

I will do some more on it on saturday and fill you in on the state of things

thanks for all the help this week, I am really glad to be on this forum

Bob

More
13 Jul 2012 18:32 #21911 by robh
Replied by robh on topic Re:CHNC-1 Retrofit & Upgrades
where are you?
i am in UK john is in USA so not sure if my help on part locations would be helpfull or not

More
13 Jul 2012 19:44 #21918 by bobinater
I am in USA (IOWA) but not opposed to ordering from overseas if needed but John did say that the parts are common from mc master carr

the company I work for has an account so ordering from there should not be a problem, I still need to do some troubleshooting to get the air solenoids

working just to test all of the air components, and I am going to do some preventative maintenance anyway.

BOB

More
13 Jul 2012 20:05 #21919 by BigJohnT
Do you have the big drive cabinet on the right side viewed from the rear with a bunch of SSR's on a panel? On mine they control the solenoids as well as other things like the light. You should be able to plug in air and enable 1CR IIRC to enable the rest of the SSR's.... you will need the 24vdc power supply on. If you have a short on the 24v buss the first place to look is the turret encoder.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your CHNC?

John

More
13 Jul 2012 20:23 #21921 by bobinater
John

Yes on the huge control cabinet, However I do not get any response when I turn the main power on at the

large enclosure that I would call the power in section. it has the main circuit disconnect and it is located at the tailstock end of the lathe

It is an HNC not CHNC. when I turn the power on at the controll I still get no response. What does IIRC stand for (if I recall correctly?)

I don't want to sound stupid but I am not very good at acronyms for electronics, so what are SSR's as well. when I plug in shop air to the connector I have

a hard core leak from the air solenoid cabinet on the lower front of the lathe, still have not been able to isolate this leak, will get back on it this weekend

Bob

More
13 Jul 2012 20:26 #21922 by bobinater
I do have the wiring diagram for the HNC but it is all in acronyms so untill i learn what they are I am in deep

I do have extensive experience at reading electrical diagrams for automobiles but its been awhile since I really dug into

anything this complex.

BOB

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds