Crusader II retrofit

More
02 Apr 2016 12:32 #72566 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Crusader II retrofit
There is a hal component to handle the E-Stop.

forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/47-hal-examples/25861-external-e-stop

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 15:53 #72571 by FloppyDisk
Replied by FloppyDisk on topic Crusader II retrofit
Jamby,

You could use the +-15vdc power supply for 'control circuits', but I did not use the +-15Vdc power supply in my conversion for control i/o. On my crusader M conversion I left the +-15Vdc power supply to power the op-amps on the servo amplifiers and only do that job. My guess is there is a reason the Anilam engineers did it that way and that was to eliminate noise affecting the servo's.

In my conversion, the Anilam had a 24Vdc power supply in it and I used that! So, I didn't need to add anything. You could buy a mean well Power supply that is fairly inexpensive, here's one: www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet...001_10001_1943385_-1

A wall wart would work and also I think a 12Vdc or 19Vdc (think lap top power supply) would work as well.

I had and still have a noise issue from the VFD and other wiring, so I'd be more leary about using the 15vdc power supply. However, the software guys have been able to smooth over that noise problem w/ my mesa 5i25/7i77.

Also, I attached a schematic for wiring the power supply and a corresponding HAL line based off the link BigJohnT supplied. You'll have to play around with the HAL component as well as make sure you're using the correct I/O for the mesa line.

Mark

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2016 19:56 - 02 Apr 2016 20:02 #72578 by jamby
Replied by jamby on topic Crusader II retrofit
BigJohnT

I had read the post you referenced last night and couldn't see where I could apply it. But even a blind pig (me) finds a truffle once in awhile. I cut and pasted your code directly and changed the " net remote-estop estop-latch.0.fault-in <= parport.0.pin-in10-not" to "net remote-estop estop-latch.0.fault-in <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-00-not" and It works fine. If I hit the estop on the old control now the e-stop in linuxcnc is set. It can be restarted once the estop is cleared from the old control. I might consider taking the latch out after I see how this works for a while.

Thanks

Mark

The 15v is just for a 'control circuit' so it shouldn't affect the axis drives. Testing will start next week and I'll see if there are any problems. I've kind of settled for running the machine with the Anilam estop and limit circuits and Linuxcnc controlling the axis drives and reading the gcode data. Since the size of the gcode files was so limited with old control this meets my needs for now.

Thanks again for both your help.

Jim
Last edit: 02 Apr 2016 20:02 by jamby.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds