orientation linuxcnc

More
10 Aug 2012 14:15 #23023 by jlviloria
sorry if I, make stupid questions, but it's my first experience with linuxcnc.

I have a lathe cinccinati having 2 turrets, So you have 4 axes.

the machine only serves the mechanics, since the electronic part is useless. this machine to me give my boss.

I think that even you can do something with it. I adapt it linuxcnc. but really do not know where to start. and I have the software.

The question I have is in the selection of hardware, this machine was equipped with Siemens AC servomotor 23Nm.

please, interface, and servo motor and servo drive, I recommend for this machine?

sorry for my English, google traductor... jajaja
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2012 14:17 #23024 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
another image
Attachments:

More
10 Aug 2012 14:19 - 10 Aug 2012 14:20 #23026 by jlviloria
more photos
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Aug 2012 14:20 by jlviloria.

More
10 Aug 2012 15:53 #23028 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
I guess the first question would be: Are the servomotors and drives OK?

More
10 Aug 2012 15:55 #23029 by jlviloria
Please helpme...

necesito alguna orientacion por donde debo empezar... prometo que no molestare mas.

More
10 Aug 2012 15:59 #23030 by jlviloria
hello,

thanks, for you answer.

servodrive not, servomotor yes.

but, I can change the servo motor and servo drive, not for something so expensive, but if something so decent.
Attachments:

More
10 Aug 2012 17:10 #23031 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
Those look like AC servos with ac tachometers, so may be hard to find matching drives. Are the existing drives known to be bad or are they just missing?

More
10 Aug 2012 17:25 #23032 by jlviloria
engineer,

the idea is to change the whole system.

linuxcnc use, servomotor new or used but in good condition. with its own servodrive.

the big question I have is to select the best option and is compatible with linuxcnc. I have been speaking board 5I25 7I37 MESA, but unfortunately I have not found information on these board.

in conclusion do not know which servo motor, servo drive and interface used. linuxcnc compatible with, that are good for the machine, and which are not so expensive.

please help me select the best option.

no matter that only use a turret, I'm content with that.

very much thanks for you colaboration
Attachments:

More
10 Aug 2012 17:51 - 10 Aug 2012 17:59 #23034 by dangercraft
Replied by dangercraft on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
I'll answer in Spanish and then translate in case any wants to read, if this needs to move to the Spanish forum section I'm sure someone will let me know.

Sr. Viloria,

Usted puede verificar si los amplificadores (drives) de los servomotores estan funcionales? Lo primero que yo intentaria seria esto. Si los amplificadores estan funcionales solo es cuestion de identificar cuales son las funcionalidades que usted requiere y con eso vemos que tipo de interface se utiliza entre el control (linuxcnc) y los amplificadores. Esto puede ser tanto una tarjeta MESA, como un par o mas de tarjetas parallelas. La decicion ya recaeria en su presupuesto y la funcionalidad que le quiere sacar al torno.

Me avisa.

Saludos cordiales,

Frank Perez en Panama

<translate> Can you verify if the drives are functional? Thats the first thing I would try. If the drives are functional its just a question of identifying what functionalities you want from the lathe to choose an interface to linuxcnc. This could be a mesa setup or a couple or few paraport cards. What direction you go is going to depend on what your reuiqrements and budget are. </translate>
Last edit: 10 Aug 2012 17:59 by dangercraft.

More
10 Aug 2012 18:03 #23036 by jlviloria
Amigo, Frank.

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

te cuento que los servodrive no sirven para nada, los servomotores han soportado mucha agua. esta maquina ha estado a sol y agua por 3 aƱos.

Mi jefe me la regalo. 800 dolares.!!!

se que no es facil hacer un retrofit pero lo quiero hacer por aprendizaje y obvio para ver si la puedo poner a trabajar.

mira solo cuento con la parte mecanica. estoy dispuesto a cambiar servomotor y servodrive.

pero el problema es que no tengo idea de cual es mejor y cual se adapta mejor a linuxcnc. la maquina trae motores de ac servomotor 23Nm, pero se que un servo de esas especificaciones debe ser costoso. no importa si pierdo rapidez o torque. me interesa ponerla a trabajar y hacer el desarrollo. la maquina tiene dos torretas osea 4 ejes no importa si solo pongo a trabajar 1 torreta osea 2 ejes... ya eso seria ganancia.

quiero saber que puedo.. y se que aqui encontrare apoyo de todos ustedes..

gracias de nuevo.

atento a tu respuesta.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds