orientation linuxcnc

More
17 Aug 2012 16:18 #23350 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
hello Andy,

Spindle drives and motor is ok,

I need servo drives for servomotor siemens 22Nm 32.4A reference: (1FT5076-0AC01-0-Z) and servomotor siemens 12Nm 25 A.

thanks for you answer.

jorge viloria
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2012 17:51 #23358 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
jlviloria wrote:

I need servo drives for servomotor siemens 22Nm 32.4A reference: (1FT5076-0AC01-0-Z) and servomotor siemens 12Nm 25 A.

150V @ 30A sounds like a good candidate for the Mesa 8i20, which is a very "dumb" drive that LinuxCNC knows how to control.
www.mesanet.com/motioncardinfo.html

The Pico-systems brushless amp is another possibility, but that will only work with Hall sensors, and is perhaps a little too low on current.
www.pico-systems.com/acservo.html

Do you know what feedback system is on the motor? Encoder? Resolver? Hall-sensors?

More
17 Aug 2012 18:06 #23360 by andypugh
support.automation.siemens.com/US/llisap...1&forcedownload=true

Seems to be one of the manuals (there are others).
You should be able to decode the options from that.

More
17 Aug 2012 19:12 #23365 by jlviloria
Andy the feedback system is encoder, brand bei motion system company, encoder industrial.

8i20 card is capable of?

I want to know how I can apply the 8i20 card to control the servo motor is full economic.

Have experience with this board.

Friend if that board can control my servomotors, what else do I need? another board.

Another thing, the HAL, simulates a PLC? or need a PLC to control turret, charge pump, spindle, lubrication and other things?

thank you very much for your help, every day I feel closer to see my machine working.
Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2012 19:39 #23368 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:orientation linuxcnc
LinuxCNC has a built in PLC with ClassicLadder.

John

More
17 Aug 2012 19:54 #23370 by andypugh
jlviloria wrote:

Andy the feedback system is encoder, brand bei motion system company, encoder industrial.
8i20 card is capable of?

It should be, though the drive will be operating at its limits, so would need heatsinking and fans cooling. The 8i20 has a max of 30A so even at full current it would slightly under-drive the motors. I very much doubt that it matters for any practical machining operation.

I want to know how I can apply the 8i20 card to control the servo motor is full economic.

They only (easily) work with a Mesa interface card, and I would like to hear from PCW about whether he thinks that they would be suitable. The 8i20 is a lot less "Industrial Strength" than the original drives, but also very much cheaper.
On this page support.automation.siemens.com/US/llisap...10803980&treeLang=en
there is this document:
support.automation.siemens.com/US/llisap...0&forcedownload=true
Which seems to indicate that there is some form of pulse-coder inside the motor, which I think is probably the Hall sensors mentioned in the first link. (connected to the "signal connector"
I think all the manuals are also available in Spanish:

It is much easier to control a brushless motor with Hall signals, and I don't see any suggestion that they used a different method.

Have experience with this board.

Yes, I wrote the LinuxCNC driver for it, and also the HAL component needed to drive brushless motors in general.

Friend if that board can control my servomotors, what else do I need? another board.

Yes, you need one of the Mesa PCI cards. I am not sure if a 5i25 or a 5i23 is the most appropriate. You then need some interface boards. If the PCI card is a 5i23 then you would connect the 8i20 via a 7i44. If you used a 5i25 then you would use a 7i74.
In both cases you need an encoder interface card, and probably quite a lot of general-purpose input/output.

One thing that hasn't need said yet is that LinuxCNC ought to be able to run both sets of axes, you would have XZ and UW axis pairs. I am not sure that the GUI preview can show that properly though.

Another thing, the HAL, simulates a PLC? or need a PLC to control turret, charge pump, spindle, lubrication and other things?

There is a PLC called Classic Ladder included in LinuxCNC
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/ladder/ladder_intro.html
But charge pump, spindle, lube and coolant are handled by LinuxCNC and HAL. You can control the toolchanger in ClassicLadder, by using a HAL component, or by a G-code subroutine, depending on what is best suited.

More
17 Aug 2012 20:35 #23371 by jlviloria
incredible ... LinuxCNC has me amazed.

It hurts my limitation in language. information is lost because of you-googletraductor-yo, you lose 25% of the information.

adding to this, my little experience. But I'm committed to learning from you all ... and all information that is on the page. to achieve my purpose.

Actually did a great job. my respect.
thanks, Francisco, John, Andy, PCW, Robh

I will read the whole weekend to see what more I can say, but I think who uses TABLE 8I20, the machine is not a priority to move the 4 axis at the same time. is more I think about putting work first turret, for the money. and then go forward.

cordially

jorge viloria
Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2012 07:30 #23380 by andypugh
jlviloria wrote:

It hurts my limitation in language. information is lost because of you-googletraductor-yo, you lose 25% of the information

One thing which has probably been badly translated in my replies is "Hall sensor"
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensor_de_efecto_Hall

This page might explain why they are useful with motors such as your AC servos.
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_el%C3%A9ctrico_sin_escobillas

More
21 Aug 2012 14:35 #23479 by jlviloria
good morning to all ...

Andy thanks for your cooperation.

I read the information you sent me, the engine has "hall sensor", anyway send an email to support Siemens to confirm.

Like I said I am a mechanical engineer and my experience has been great with the mechanics. I have only the basics of electronics. cad-cam software something, FANUC programming.

But with a lot of interest in LINUXCNC, I swear that is my purpose linuxcnc learn everything.

1. to be clear that the servomotors have with Hall sensor feedback. 8i20 board we can define as the drives for, or must establish something more?

2. I read some of the literature of linuxcnc, but still do not know how to get the screenshot of classicladder? I think it is silly question but no!

3. my DC motor and spindle drives are perfect, thank God!

4. of linuxcnc, I'm making an interface, drives with 3 stepper motors. small (hooby), to familiarize myself more with the software linuxcnc.

5. something that has me worried is the integration of buttons on the machine.
to open and close the chuck, to turn on the pump, cycle start and feed hold .. but I think that will come with time.

but first define which motors or drives are going to move the machine.

thanks,

jorge Viloria

More
21 Aug 2012 21:18 #23514 by jlviloria
Friends

andy, john, robh, pcw, frank.

a question. SIMODRIVE in need operate only controller card, or all the additional package to the card that controls the engine brings another card, is called paqueta 6SC101-4A-Z,
The technician tells me what is damaged and can not be repaired are those 3 cards but nop controlling axes. I can do in that case?

thanks

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds