Upgraded to 2.9 and stuck on 4.6. Add PlasmaC To Base Machine

More
03 Sep 2019 01:29 #143995 by TexasCNC
Do you need need Probe for floating torch or touch and go? I run the program and it moves to cut z axis goes down and activates my float switch then gives an error for float switch was activated when trying to probe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 01:35 #143997 by TexasCNC
Man this stuff is getting so complicated and frustrating I thought it was a simple moving to plasmac with using the setting and all! I was just trying to get the proma config to work and saw that all it needed was m3 command for it to do its thing and just input the float travel and thats it? I mean the plasmac axis is cool and everything is there but geez its a handful. I just want to cut with the proma THC what do I need to do to start cutting?

More
03 Sep 2019 01:39 #143998 by phillc54
You need to set your probe height to a distance above the bottom limit.

More
03 Sep 2019 02:02 #144002 by TexasCNC
I am doing a test on my proma and its sending the up down signals and I dont see them turning on on the gui?

More
03 Sep 2019 02:42 #144005 by TexasCNC
I am trying to edit the pins for up down signals but they give me error I know we edited this out in the beginning when I when i couldnt open the gui. Anything here I can do?
Attachments:

More
03 Sep 2019 02:54 #144006 by phillc54
This shows:
proma up signal is connected to parport.0.pin-13-in
proma down signal is connected to parport.0.pin-11-in

Run your configuration and open "Hal Show". When it opens, click on "Signals" on the left and find plasmac:move-up and plasmac:move-down and click on each of them and check in the "SHOW" tab that they are connected.
If all is OK, click on the "WATCH" tab then on plasmac:move-up and plasmac:move-down so the LED's appear in the "WATCH" tab.

When your proma signals up then the up LED should light, if not then you have a wiring problem. Same for the down signal.

More
03 Sep 2019 03:09 #144007 by TexasCNC
I am not seeing the LED on the guy light up I have the the promo on test mode and the pins on the BOB are lighting up when it cycles through. let me try the Hal Show to see what it does

More
03 Sep 2019 03:14 #144008 by TexasCNC
They show true on both of them and I put the proma on test and it cycles to false and true when the led light up on the proma but nothing on the gui

More
03 Sep 2019 03:16 #144010 by TexasCNC
Wait now I see it on the watch tab and I see the led lighting up there but on the axis gui they dont light up

More
03 Sep 2019 03:20 - 03 Sep 2019 03:24 #144011 by phillc54
They are not an indicator of the state of the proma, they only light when the Z axis is told to move. So they will only be active while you are cutting.

Edit: if you "WATCH" the Pins named plasmac.move_up and plasmac.move_down that will show that the proma signal gets al the way to the plasmac component

Edit2: note that that is the Pins. NOT the Signals...
Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 03:24 by phillc54.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds