My custom designed GUI

More
27 Jul 2016 17:23 - 27 Jul 2016 17:29 #78080 by BosniaCNC
Replied by BosniaCNC on topic My custom designed GUI
"...he is missing file craftman_toolchange..."

Good. How this problem eliminated?
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2016 17:29 by BosniaCNC. Reason: dodatak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2016 20:14 - 27 Jul 2016 20:15 #78081 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic My custom designed GUI
Just set the correct path to it or copy it in your config dir, depending where the main program searches for it.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2016 20:15 by newbynobi.

More
19 Aug 2016 21:23 #79103 by BosniaCNC
Replied by BosniaCNC on topic My custom designed GUI
If Linux is installed as a "craftsman" then I do not understand why should alter the path if you already have your original that supposedly correct? What's that supposed to write in line 146?
Does the accompanying drawings have not seen that all copied to you in the original instructions stated?
Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2016 10:45 #80385 by aer73
Replied by aer73 on topic My custom designed GUI

it will work on debian ,
we should be able to update to 2.7 as well
i'll have more time shortly

@CncBasher.

I hope all goes well.
Any advance with the GUI in Debian?
Many thanks in advance,

Kindly regards,

More
15 Sep 2016 19:36 - 15 Sep 2016 19:37 #80477 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic My custom designed GUI
Your error messages have isolated exactly what is wrong ( not able to find a file) and the line number its happening on. So one of 2 things is wrong.
1. The file name is wrong (which it isn't)
2 The search part is telling Linux to look in the wrong spot (which by elimination is the problem).

So right now its like you are playing hide and seek and the child you are looking for is hiding in the bedroom when you are looking in the living room. Maybe the reason why you are not looking in the bedroom is becasue when you started the game you parents (Linux) said the bedroom was out of bounds. (eg not in the default path).
So the options are:
1. Fix the default search path so you can look in the right room (best option)
2. Change line 146 so it is a fully qualified path so you know exactly which room to look in straight away. (But isn't that cheating when the room is out of bounds?)
Last edit: 15 Sep 2016 19:37 by rodw.

More
21 Sep 2016 14:51 #80720 by skunkworks
Replied by skunkworks on topic My custom designed GUI
I was gooffing around with this - figuring out each error as it came and am now stuck with the

skunkworks@skunkworks-PC:~/linuxcnc/configs/craftsmancnc/pymodules$ ./gladevcp_update
mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gladevcp’: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gremlin.py’: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/rs274/glcanon.py’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/home/craftsman/linuxcnc/configs/craftsmancnc/pymodules/gladevcp/’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/home/craftsman/linuxcnc/configs/craftsmancnc/pymodules/python2.6/gremlin.py’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/home/craftsman/linuxcnc/configs/craftsmancnc/pymodules/rs274/glcanon.py’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘/home/craftsman/linuxcnc/configs/craftsmancnc/pymodules/python2.6/easygui.py’: No such file or directory

I know that I have to change to point to my home directory - but the /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gladevcp doesn't exits.

I am running jessie

sam

More
21 Sep 2016 14:57 #80721 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic My custom designed GUI
You have to change the user name in a lot of .py files.
His name craftsman
Your name skunkworks

More
20 Jan 2017 08:24 #86228 by yodaddy
Replied by yodaddy on topic My custom designed GUI
I'm a nOOb here, but not to Linux. Has anybody been able to get this to run on Python 2.7?

More
23 Apr 2017 03:35 #91867 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic My custom designed GUI
I got this to run some time ago. I am pretty sure it was on a plain vanilla Debian LCNC ISO install, so I think it would have been Py 2.6 but it could have been 2.7. Either way I don't think the problem is with the python version, I think it was just a matter of getting all the files in the right places. The file paths are hard coded so I remember having to changes some of the paths in craftsman.py, and maybe elsewhere. I still have that HDD laying around, I could dig it out and see what I did to get it running if you would like.

Kurt

More
23 Apr 2017 04:14 #91869 by yodaddy
Replied by yodaddy on topic My custom designed GUI
The guy who created this GUI said there were problems running it with Python 2.7, and that's exactly what I and several others here have experienced. If it's not too much trouble, please check what version of Python you were running on that installation.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds