gladevcp panel blank linuxcnc 2.9.1

More
15 Dec 2023 15:28 #288222 by HeikoCorpInc
I updated my linuxcnc machine to version 2.9.1 using the linuxcnc_2.9.1-amd64.hybrid.iso

After the update the gladevcp panel did not work anymore, well they didn't look nice anyway so I decided to build new once from scratch.

That didn't work either. The panels are just blank. I don't think there is an error message. At least I can not find anything that gives me a hint on what I'm doing wrong.

versions 

test run 

in axis 

pins are created 

attached: terminal report; ini; ui
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2023 19:21 #288259 by Aciera
Seems that you are missing 'hitcounter.py' in your config folder:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.9/configs/sim/hitcounter.py

More
15 Dec 2023 21:22 #288272 by HeikoCorpInc
thank you for your quick answer

I'm working on an existing configuration, that's why I immediately thought that there is something missing that is coming with a new configuration.
So I made a new config using Pncconf wizard. Even made a new glade test panel.

This time I got an different error: 'gi.repository.Gtk' object has no attribute 'glade'
Again I have no idea why I get this error. Any info regarding that is appreciated.

Well I have one question regarding this. In the documentation it is mentioned that the ui file need to be saved as GtkBuilder file.
I didn't find anything to select when both saving and save as. Is this still something to take care of?

Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2023 21:36 #288273 by HansU

This time I got an different error: 'gi.repository.Gtk' object has no attribute 'glade'
Again I have no idea why I get this error. Any info regarding that is appreciated.

Seems that hitcounter.py is not Python3-ready yet.

Well I have one question regarding this. In the documentation it is mentioned that the ui file need to be saved as GtkBuilder file.
I didn't find anything to select when both saving and save as. Is this still something to take care of?

I never needed to care about that, so I would say this is not needed any more.

More
15 Dec 2023 22:24 #288274 by HeikoCorpInc
than you for helping me solving this issue.

I still don't know what hitcounter.py really does. At least it does not change anything if it is there or not.
Is this thought to be a template to be used for glade panels?

The 'gi.repository.Gtk' object has no attribute 'glade' error was an typo - wrong ui file name - sorry for that.

Finally the test configuration was working and the glade panel did show up. Then I copied the panel which was not working into this configuration and even that showed up.

Conclusion something must be wrong in my "sharp" machine configuration.
Somehow CYCLE_TIME was set to 1. Glade does not seem to like that. Set that back to 100 and the glade panel showed up again.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds