Maximum Velocity Setting Locations?

More
16 May 2013 20:00 #34189 by BigJohnT
Looks correct to me. Just a note you need to set the correction velocity which is in units per period (a very small number usually). Mine is set at 0.000005. If you set it too high it will move too fast. Also a Z positive move after the cut is needed to remove any offset.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 21:06 #34193 by Paul
Thanks John,

In my main hal file, how about an additional line?:

setp thc.vel-scale 0.000005

If I set it faster, wouldn't that be desirable until I push the z axis motor beyond it's limits or is there something else to consider? Latency issues?

I'm not sure I understand the z positive move. If I move a positive greater than any thc change, does that automagically remove the offset during the move? My SheetCam post will move my z axis to a safe height of +10mm before jogging to the next cut. I assume this will be a true 10mm from the initial floating head move/set to zero.

Is there a way to test the up and down pins to make sure my setup is correct without actually cutting something? I simulated the arc ok signal while running a part without the plasma cutter connected and connected pin 12, but no Z correction occured. This was without the correction velocity, but I still expected a movement, now assuming the move would have been at the-then-current velocity setting. Or was the correction velocity at 0 (so, no move) since I didn't specifically set the velocity?

Again - Thank you!

More
16 May 2013 22:23 #34197 by BigJohnT
With a vel-scale of 0 you will not get any movement.

JT

More
17 May 2013 10:12 #34221 by Paul
The addition of setp thc.vel-scale 0.000005 produces an error that the parameter or pin not found. Maybe I should try: setp thcud.vel-scale 0.000005?

More
17 May 2013 10:29 #34222 by PCW
You can do that, but better than guessing pin names is listing them.

if you launch linuxcnc using your hal file with the desired components installed
and then type:

halcmd show all > halinfo.txt

in a terminal window, this will generate a list of all available hal pins, parameters,
and lots of other interesting information. You can open this newly created file (halinfo.txt)
in another gedit tab when editing your hal file so you have a donor file from which to copy hal pins and parameters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

More
17 May 2013 20:43 #34236 by Paul
Thank you, PCW!

Yeah - Much information. Maybe I am thinking too literal, but I don't find a "correction" velocity setting. I do find thcud.current-vel and a thcud.requested-vel which both are set to 0. I only had time to record this information this morning and needed to read through to digest it. I am hoping these setting changed to a positive value like 0.000005 will get me going. I hope!

What is the thcud.requested-vel setting for? Thanks again!

More
18 May 2013 01:35 #34261 by BigJohnT
That is part of the corner lock. If you program for 70IPM and your current velocity is less than requested velocity - velocity tolerance then no correction takes place. This prevents the tip from diving in corners.

Look at the parameters part of the list for correction velocity.

JT

More
18 May 2013 06:26 #34304 by Paul
Thanks John. Good information on the corner lock.

I do see a thcud.correction-vel in the parameter section. I had it set to 0.0000005 and also changed it to 0.05 for testing, but still don't get any z axis change when tripping the up or down (thcud.torch-up and thcud.torch-down) while thcud.enable is true, thcud.arc-ok set to true, thcud.torch-on true, and running at 100% velocity (going off of the thcup.comp info). I do notice the thcud.comp file uses thc.torch-up instead of thcud.torch-up. does it matter? I used thcud. method

What do I need to check next?

More
18 May 2013 06:35 #34305 by BigJohnT
Were you running a program when you tested?

I'll try and get time in the AM to finish up my test configuration to verify. I do have to leave early for a benefit poker run for the animal shelter so tomorrow I might no get far. If not I'll get a test config up and running Sunday...

JT

More
18 May 2013 06:49 #34306 by Paul
Yeah - ran a program without the plasma cutter connected. I simulated the arc-ok signal by using a normally open pin set and adding the "-not" to make the arc-ok true. Maybe I need to actually trip that pin set. I'll go try that now.

Thanks...

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds