Maximum Velocity Setting Locations?

More
24 May 2013 06:57 #34618 by BigJohnT
It does sound like your getting closer...

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2013 20:26 #35012 by Paul
Hello everyone. Just an update as I wanted to thank everyone (Especially JohnT, and Roberto, and also PCW, Andypugh, ArcEye, emcPT, Coolmo32 and I am sure others - I didn't mean to leave anyone out.)

I have the thc up/down setup mostly based on Roberto's VLCDTHC setup. I have the Proma THC wired in and have used in test mode. It's looking great so far. Full testing soon - Maybe this weekend.

Again - Thank you VERY much for all the time to help me work through this. I would not have gotten this far without your help.

On another note - I do have the Mesa THCAD for sale. :-) It has only been wired in less than a week for testing.

Paul K.

More
01 Jun 2013 04:59 #35068 by tommylight
Hi,
I've spent the better part of this week wandering and wondering why o why there is not a ready made config for those simple "torch on=>arc ok=>up/down" thc controls seeing as for around $200 they do work to a certain extent and when the expectations are in check. I gave it a go at modifying the existing configs with variable results that were close but no cigar ! I made Roberto's VLCDTHC to work with everything and ..............it messes up Z axis badly, like : M3 Z goes down......or up....at normal speed and then at insane speed, and from time to time it can be stopped only with machine power off. Homing Z axes is a whole new experience into the unknown where the dark side meets the ......even darker side !!! :) :) :)
And here is the cherry on top: switch THC off and on and .........drum roll......... Z goes into new heights or lowers or straight into deep space, literally Z goes into 7 or 8 MILLION millimetres.
This is absolutely not complaining to Roberto or anyone for that matter, i am really grateful to all who help others in any way possible, this is just a fun way of looking at a hard day of work with the end result : the THC still not functional under linuxcnc, it works in Mach as usual with lots of unexplained problems ( i blame it on windows therefore exorcism is the only rational solution ), and being a hard core linux user it was VERY hard for me to go back to windoze and it's demons. I refuse to choose win...whatever even if it comes with a 2 meter tall blonde in the package.

Anyway, i will try your way,John, in a day or two and see if i manage to iron out the wrinkles and post back here and on cnczone and cncecke and........ahhhhh shut up!!!!

Regards,
Tom

More
01 Jun 2013 19:15 #35088 by BigJohnT
Tom,

It is best to start a new thread and not hijack someone else thread.

JT

More
02 Jun 2013 05:02 #35121 by tommylight

Tom,

It is best to start a new thread and not hijack someone else thread.

JT

Oooops, just checked the thread title ......my bad!

JT thanks for the enlightenment,
Tom

More
02 Jun 2013 15:01 #35140 by mariusl
Hi John
I am using your thcud component and it works well. It just so happen that I also battled with the things that Paul had problems with. Understanding the correction velocity was my biggest issue. I did get it sorted out finally and it is working great.
I made some changes to the component in the how the values are entered. I changed the correction velocity to a percentage of the requested velocity and it is entered as a percentage. I am still testing but I will run it past you when I am done. It is just easier to understand and might help other folk in the future.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
02 Jun 2013 18:28 #35144 by BigJohnT

Hi John
I am using your thcud component and it works well. It just so happen that I also battled with the things that Paul had problems with. Understanding the correction velocity was my biggest issue. I did get it sorted out finally and it is working great.
I made some changes to the component in the how the values are entered. I changed the correction velocity to a percentage of the requested velocity and it is entered as a percentage. I am still testing but I will run it past you when I am done. It is just easier to understand and might help other folk in the future.

Let me know when your done.

JT

More
03 Jun 2013 23:53 #35203 by bjames28

On another note - I do have the Mesa THCAD for sale. :-) It has only been wired in less than a week for testing.

Paul K.

Hi Paul,

Where are you located? If your THCAD card is still for sale I would take it.
I wrote you a private message, but it seems that not arrived to you.

(this happened not the first time, does this work for someone else?)

Best regards:
James

More
04 Jun 2013 02:27 #35225 by Paul
I sent you an email through your LinuxCNC profile.

More
04 Jun 2013 10:16 - 04 Jun 2013 23:21 #35246 by bjames28

I sent you an email through your LinuxCNC profile.

Didn't get your e-mail.

I'll inform the site admin to fix this issue.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 23:21 by bjames28.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds