Maximum Velocity Setting Locations?

More
18 May 2013 08:04 #34319 by Paul
Well, actually tripping the arc-ok signal didn't make a difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2013 18:34 #34328 by BigJohnT
A couple of important points about the thcud comp.

The following must be true to enable correction
Velocity > 0
Torch On
Arc OK On
Enabled On
Current velocity >= minimum velocity
Minimum Velocity = requested velocity -(requested velocity *(1/velocity tolerance))

I have a sample configuration almost done but have to leave for the rest of the day. I'll try and post it tomorrow morning when I've had time to test it.

JT

More
18 May 2013 19:05 #34329 by Paul
Thanks John,

I appreciate all this. I believe I have all those requirements covered.

Now, I did start from a plasma setup without a thc which, itself, was based on a router setup. From there, I worked with the information in the thcud.comp file as far as hal file modifications and physical pin assignments. Maybe the info in that thcud file assumed a setup other than what I started with. I was wondering this morning, does the thcud take the up or down signals and internally move the z axis for correction or did I miss a bit of information that I should put in the hal file that connects the thcud changes to the z axis?

Good luck at the benefit.

Paul

More
19 May 2013 08:34 #34369 by Paul
Something else I worked on, but am not completely there, is running the z axis through thcud and maybe this is my [biggest] problem:

net zpos-cmd axis.2.motor-pos-cmd => thcud.z-pos-in
net thcud-zpos-cmd thcud.z-pos-out => stepgen.2.position-cmd
net zpos-fb thcud.z-fb-out => axis.2.motor-pos-fb

I found a couple of variations of the above, but the data flow seemed to explain the difference (I tried both ways). With the above config, I can see z-pos-in following any z axis movement, but the axis doesn't actually move and nothing changes from 0 while watching the thcud.z-pos-out and thcud-z-fb-out pins.

Paul

More
19 May 2013 19:07 - 19 May 2013 19:08 #34388 by BigJohnT
I created a THCUD simulator so you can see how the thcud component works.

linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/49-...hc-up-down-simulator

JT
Last edit: 19 May 2013 19:08 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

More
19 May 2013 22:34 #34392 by Paul
Thank you very much, John. It appears that this thcud.comp is a bit different from the one I downloaded from your website. I have that file installed and am looking at your simulator files.

Paul

More
20 May 2013 01:28 - 20 May 2013 01:29 #34399 by BigJohnT
Yes, I added a few pins to show on the Pyvcp panel a couple of things. I'll change the one on my web site to the same one and use the same one to add to LinuxCNC. I hope it makes more sense now how the thcud component works.

JT
Last edit: 20 May 2013 01:29 by BigJohnT.

More
21 May 2013 10:00 #34482 by Paul
John, your simulation files really help me to understand how this is suppose to work. One thing I am still working on and wondering about is the thcud.z-pos-out. Where does thcud.z-pos-out get it's data from? When I look through the thcud.comp file, it looks like z-pos-out = z-pos-in + any offset, if any. My z-pos-out stays at 0 and the z axis doesn't move even though I can see thcud.z-pos-in is following a z axis command to move coming from axis.2.motor-pos-cmd. I checked my velocity and even set velocity value just to check. No go. I did also notice your thcud.time and .tmax have values greater than 0 with tmax at about 15000 and time varying in the hundreds. Mine are both 0.

Does z-pos-out (and z-fb-out) not get it's data from z-pos.in from thcud?

More
23 May 2013 23:38 - 23 May 2013 23:40 #34595 by BigJohnT
If pressing the up and down buttons on the simulator don't change the z position out then correction is not enabled or your at your soft limit.

z position out and z feedback out are from z position in.

Does the sim have the correction enabled led? It will be green when the up and down buttons are enabled. I did a few last second additions to the sim IIRC just before I left for NC. I need to upload what I have now to be sure your looking at the latest one.

JT
Last edit: 23 May 2013 23:40 by BigJohnT.

More
24 May 2013 05:08 #34614 by Paul
Your simulator seems to work fine. z out updates as I expected it to. I am using your info to get my parallel port setup to work. Since my Z axis doesn't move at all (THC on or off), I am looking for a reason why. That's when I noticed that z position out was not changing when a command for z to move was issued. z in changes. Now I'm not sure about Z's lineal position when I tried it and maybe it was beyond a programmed limit. I need to check that out.

Thanks
Paul

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds