Work with probe

More
13 Mar 2020 15:28 #160027 by COFHAL
Replied by COFHAL on topic Problem with EMBED_TAB probe
This is me INI file.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2020 15:49 #160032 by andypugh
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Probe Screen 
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x {XID} -u python/probe_screen.py -H probe_icons/probe_screen.hal probe_icons/probe_screen.glade
EMBED_TAB_NAME = NativeCAM
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = gladevcp -x {XID} -U --catalog=mill /usr/share/linuxcnc/aux_gladevcp/NativeCAM/ncam.ui
EMBED_TAB_NAME =Huanyang VFD
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x {XID} -u handler.py huanyang.glade

I wonder if the problem is that NativeCAM is getting the {XID} of the Probe Screeen?

Try loading them all the same way (halcmd loadusr -Wn)

More
13 Mar 2020 16:26 #160042 by COFHAL
Replied by COFHAL on topic Problem with EMBED_TAB probe
No, the problem is not with nativeCAM, the problem is with Huanyang VFD TAB, when I override it with # Probe TAB works fine.

More
13 Mar 2020 16:49 #160048 by andypugh

No, the problem is not with nativeCAM, the problem is with Huanyang VFD TAB, when I override it with # Probe TAB works fine.

Ah, this might be because you are trying to create a tab with HAL pin names the same as the first?

The "-c gladvcp" in both lines is probably disallowed. try "loaduser gladevcp -c vfd-tab ......"

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/gladevcp.html...the_hal_command_file
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFHAL

More
13 Mar 2020 16:58 #160052 by COFHAL
Thank. change halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x {XID} -u handler.py huanyang.glade BY halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c vdf-tab -x {XID} -u handler.py huanyang.glade and work fine.

More
15 Mar 2020 07:43 - 15 Mar 2020 11:10 #160260 by Sneaky
Replied by Sneaky on topic Work with probe
Why did the topic get renamed??

That's not the reason for my post:

I have finally gotten my understanding of this thing to the point where it seems to work so that the probing does what I expect it to.
However when I run a Gcode file the machine goes to the tool change position and sits there unresponsive.
Obviously I have done something stupid (AGAIN) but for the life of me I can't find it.

I would expect a dialogue box or a message asking me to confirm tool change or something to that effect.

Any clues as to where I should look and what I should look for?

*edit*

I always ask the question THEN find the answer, but dammit the answers are well hidden.
In this case in This post on page 24 of this very thread.
Last edit: 15 Mar 2020 11:10 by Sneaky.

More
15 Mar 2020 11:19 #160282 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Work with probe

When replying, there is the option of also editing the title or subject. Not sure why is that possible, should be possible only for the original poster, but it is available to all users!

More
15 Mar 2020 12:20 #160288 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Work with probe

When replying, there is the option of also editing the title or subject. Not sure why is that possible, should be possible only for the original poster, but it is available to all users!

And its very hard to get it back to the topic you want and keep it there!

More
15 Mar 2020 12:38 #160290 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Work with probe
It does get back to the original whenever the original poster replies, if he or she does not change that.

More
15 Mar 2020 20:56 #160339 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe

However when I run a Gcode file the machine goes to the tool change position and sits there unresponsive.
Obviously I have done something stupid (AGAIN) but for the life of me I can't find it.

I would expect a dialogue box or a message asking me to confirm tool change or something to that effect..

Typically the system sets the pin iocontrol.0.tool−change when a tool change is needed, and then waits for the pin iocontrol.0.tool−changed to be set before continuing.

It sounds like you are stuck in the middle of this sequence.

Typically the two pins are either directly connected to each other in HAL or they are both connected to the hal_manualtooolchange component which pops up a dialog box telling you which tool is needed.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man1/hal_manualtoolchange.1.html

I suspect that this link has not been made in your HAL.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds