Work with probe

More
13 Apr 2020 02:54 #163835 by MetalByter
Replied by MetalByter on topic Work with probe
Hi Muscats, probe screen should do a manual tool change.
however right now my setup probe screen will not work.
manual tool change in linuxcnc will not work.
I can disable probe screen and linuxcnc will do manual tool change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2020 22:12 - 19 Apr 2020 22:13 #164678 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Work with probe
hey all.
I've just been experimenting with the Tool Length Probe routines.
Unfortunately no success. Errors with references to '.....axis_2... not found'.
I don't have numbered axes. All axes are referred in the .ini as AXIS_X, AXIS_Y, AXIS_Z. Not numbers.
Checked all the sample configs installed with linuxcnc, and only a few have numbered axes. Mostly in the orphaned category.
Checked all the ProbeScreen files (macros and .py) and sure enough, several calls to numbered axes.

Anyone see the same problem?
Any fix or easy work around?

Other than that I really like ProbeScreen and use it for all my edge setting and center finding.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2020 22:13 by Roguish.

More
19 Apr 2020 23:17 #164691 by Muscats
Replied by Muscats on topic Work with probe
Hi Roguish,

I assume you are using LinuxCNC 2.8 or 2.9? this is due to the change in LinuxCNC 2.8 to Joints and Axis to allow for Gantrykins/Trivikins.
There is a fork of the original Probe Screen on GitHub that has the changes for 2.8 github.com/GuiHue/probe_screen_v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: verser

More
20 Apr 2020 18:11 #164878 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Work with probe
wow. THANKS.
I seriously thought I had the latest files. Guess not.
Have now updated. Haven't tested yet but did look at a macro file (probedown) and it's has AXIS_Z.
thanks again....
back to testing.

More
15 May 2020 13:52 #167842 by choppter
Replied by choppter on topic Work with probe
@verser: Thanks for the nice screen and sharing it for free!

I do not use a probe but use the contact between the tool and the work piece as the trigger. In addition I have touch probe mounted in a corner of my table for the manual tool change.
The various measuring buttons work as expected. Really nice job!

But I did not find a description on what the sequence is to make the Remap M6 work? I assume I have to measure the first tool in the job prior to starting the job. But when should I touch-off and what do I need the block-height for? I Tried several things (including to understand the G-Code macros :-) but failed. Sometimes the tool is at the same height after the manual change, sometimes way off.

More
15 May 2020 22:26 #167897 by Muscats
@choppter.
I use a probe, though I suppose you could do it manually, however, to do it manually, you would need to set the tool setter height and the workpiece height using the same length object

the process I use is as follows:
under Remap M6
Set the tool setter height
Set the work piece height

In the probe section
set the X,Y zeros
Set the Z zero

run the job and it should stop to change the tool and then measure it

I believe the way it works for tool length compensation is it works out the difference between the height of the tool setter and the height of the workpiece, then when you run the job it measures the length of the tool against the tool setter, then it can calculate how long the tool is.

the key is that it uses the same thing (for me the probe) to measure the tool setter height and the height of the workpiece.

hope that makes sense
The following user(s) said Thank You: verser

More
18 May 2020 16:08 #168160 by choppter
Replied by choppter on topic Work with probe
@Muscats,
Thank you for the reply!
Following your description works! :-) I didn't run a job with multiple tools yet, but issuing a couple of Tn M6 commands in MDI worked as expected!
I think I had mixed-up measuring the block hight with the z-touch-off...

Best Regards

More
24 May 2020 17:06 #168804 by looping
Replied by looping on topic Work with probe
Hello
Is it possible to add a second signal/input to allow probing only when the probe is correctly connected ?
Regards

More
24 May 2020 21:36 #168828 by Muscats
not sure you need another pin input. The probe circuit is normally closed and the script does a check to see if it is closed before it does the actual probe (slow) move, so before it should come in contact with anything if it is setup correctly, which seems to avoid the probe crashing. You could move that component of the programming to earlier i.e. before the probe moves.

More
30 May 2020 20:26 #169451 by Marcodi
Replied by Marcodi on topic Work with probe
I seem to have something strange.

1. When the probe is finished doing a probe routine and remain in the probe screen tab ( axis gui). and i press 9 on my keyboard. My z axis doesnt move just a little, it moves all the way to max Z. When i press 8 or 2, the machine starts to move to i don't know where, i haven't tested this till where, it scared the shit out of me. Same for 4 and 6 for X axis

Is this normal?

2. Secondly, after doing a probe routine my XHC pendant no longer works until i went out of the probe screen and used the keyboard to move my axis a little, than the pendant will work again. Any solution to this? It is extremely annoying cause after finishing the probing, i actually have to walk to the screen to change the tab and move the machine so i can go back to the workpiece and move with the pendant to the desired position.

3. Thirdly, if i have it correctly, if a workpiece is under a rotation, i first have to do the rotation routine and than the 0 points probing routines should be working in the changed coordinate system ( if ofcourse the system is set to auto rotate). Does this act the same in Version 1 of the probe screen. Or is this only in version 2? Cause i had the impression that after the rotation, my probing was still working in X and Y directions without any changes. I am working in version 1

4. Is the update to version 2 an easy thing to do?

Thanks for any help

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds