Work with probe

More
15 Jan 2021 16:51 #195460 by gerrg
Replied by gerrg on topic Work with probe
hmm... i didn't notice the mix_limit = 5. I'll change that. That being said, that is for the joint 3, where the Z axis has a max limit of 0.001. i'm a little confused what the difference between these two values are, but it seems like it soft limits it at the 0.001 value, as far as i can tell my manually jogging and the machine stopping at a height of 0.001.

as for the the G53Z4.9 move, that would try to hit the limit switch. Are you getting that from line 31 in thepsng_manual_change.ngc file? like this line?

G53 G0 Z[#<_ini[AXIS_Z]MAX_LIMIT>+#<_ini[PROBE_SCREEN]Z_SAFE_TRAVEL_OFFSET>]

I thought this would evaluate to G53 Z-0.099, since my Axis Z max limit is .001

all that being said, i'm still very new to all of this so I probably don't understand things correctly all the time (well, no probably about it, i don't understand things correctly all the time :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2021 17:06 #195462 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Work with probe
Uh, yes you're right. Well I'm new the "new" Joints/Axis setups, and didn't notice both have their own soft limits. Not sure which take precedence when, but for a trivial kinematics machine, I'd set them equal to each other. If changing the soft limits for Joint3 doesn't fix the problem, I'm not sure. Is that line the one that Linuxcnc is considering "line 33"?
G53 G0 Z[#<_ini[AXIS_Z]MAX_LIMIT>+#<_ini[PROBE_SCREEN]Z_SAFE_TRAVEL_OFFSET>]

More
15 Jan 2021 17:11 - 15 Jan 2021 17:19 #195463 by Todd Zuercher
Ah, I think I see it. It's this move.

G53 G0 Z[#<_ini[CHANGE_POSITION]Z>]

And in your ini you have that = 60

Should probably be 0 or how ever far down from the home position you'd like it to be when you change a tool. (again a negative number)

And again the TOOLSENSOR position you have set to 60, and it is also going to try to move you 60mm up from home. Set this to the absolute value of the Z where you want to start your Z tool probe move. (Probably 0 again for your short travel machine.)
Last edit: 15 Jan 2021 17:19 by Todd Zuercher.

More
15 Jan 2021 17:15 #195464 by gerrg
i think the Axis takes precedent... but i'm only saying that because it stops at the axis limit, and it linuxCNC throws an error if the axis max is < the joint max (not sure if they can be equal, but that's an easy change to make anyways.

Oooooh, i think that's it. I was thinking it was line 33 of the gcode that was giving me an error, but now i think it's line 33 of the m6 remapper thing. that line is :

G53 G0 Z[#<_ini[CHANGE_POSITION]Z>]

which under the change_position group in the ini file it is set to Z=60. I should change that to Z=0 i think and maybe that'll fix it. I'll see if i can try this out in the next couple hours over lunch and report back. thanks for your help!

More
15 Jan 2021 17:16 #195465 by gerrg
haha, didn't see your reply until now, you're too fast!

More
15 Jan 2021 17:21 #195467 by Todd Zuercher
Don't forget the TOOLSENSOR z value. It needs changed to.

More
17 Jan 2021 03:09 #195628 by gerrg
okay, so i changed the toolsensor and change_position variables to be -20 (or something random) and 0 respetively. Things work mostly fine, but there's still a small catch.

i'll run the code, and it moves the spindle to the tool position, and then ask me to insert tool X in. Right now, since i'm not using a tool height sensor but just doing it before running the gcode, I don't have the "Remap M6" box checked on the probe screen.

The problem i'm running into now is that after i click okay saying tool X is installed, the program basically stops. i can get it to run again by refreshing the gcode file or by reopening it, and then running it again. When i do this it moves the spindle to the tool change position, and then goes straight to cutting, i'm assuming because it already knows the i have tool X installed.

Anyone know why this might be happening? Also, while it's running through the remapper program, it highlights the lines of gcode on code that i loaded to cut my piece. so for instance when it gets to line 31 in the remapper code (which moves the spindle to the change position location) it's high lighting my gcode for cutting, which of course are completely different files... could this have something to do with it?

Anyways, It work mostly working now, and it's not a huge hastle to reload the gcode, unless it's a large file, and then it take a minute or so to reparse through it.

thanks for any help!

More
18 Jan 2021 13:22 #195782 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe
Are the hal pins iocontrol.0.tool-change - tool-changed and iocontrol.0.tool-prepare - tool-prepared connected properly?

More
19 Jan 2021 01:37 #195854 by gerrg
right now they're commented out i in my main .hal file, though they are defined in the psng.hal file in the psng folder. Attached is the psng.hal file.

I'm thinking it's pointing to this psng.hal file from this line below in my main .ini file

EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=gladevcp -c probe -x {XID} -u psng/python -H psng/psng.hal psng/psng.glade
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2021 22:01 #195926 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe

right now they're commented out i in my main .hal file, though they are defined in the psng.hal file in the psng folder. Attached is the psng.hal file.

That all looks to make sense, assuming that the right things happen in the probe component.

(I am a bit vague on what the current setup that you are using is)

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds