Work with probe

More
21 Oct 2020 22:06 #186849 by Mokuleia
Replied by Mokuleia on topic Work with probe
Would you have any tips to share? Did you just follow the written procedure and that was it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2020 22:21 #186850 by depronman
Replied by depronman on topic Work with probe
I started with the instructions from github, which work OK for Axis, but would not work with gmoccapy gui
I did a bit of interweb searching and found a post with some alternative instructions for gmoccapy, using these it worked perfectly
I will grab the code tomorrow for you, its on the PC in the workshop and its cold and wet here so not going out to the shop again tonight :)

Paul

More
22 Oct 2020 22:28 #186935 by depronman
Replied by depronman on topic Work with probe
Hi All,
I've attached my ini and set of HAL files and associated folders
The ini and HAL files are all well documented into section with description comments, so easy to understand at least what parts are doing what tasks
To get the probe stuff working using gmoccapy it was the following that was the key to it in the ini file-
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Probe Screen
EMBED_TAB_LOCATION = ntb_user_tabs
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = gladevcp -x {XID} -u python/probe_screen.py probe_icons/probe_screen.glade

As against this (which worked perfectly when using the AXIS GUI) -
DISPLAY = axis
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Probe Screen
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x {XID} -u python/probe_screen.py -H probe_icons/probe_screen.hal probe_icons/probe_screen.glade

My config files support a wifi pendent and control panel jog buttons for X, Y & Z as well as cycle start, stop, step buttons
It utilises a pair of parallel ports, the primary port is an 'out' port and the second port is working in 'in' mode, pine 2,3,4,5,6 & 7 are used for the JOG buttons.
Jog is also possible from the keyboard keys an from the pendent either using the MPG wheel or using the axis selector and macro 6 & macro 7 buttons
The spindle speed is controlled using step and direction pulses plus a relay on pin-17 for spindle start/stop

It is not finished yet, more a work in progress
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mokuleia

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds