servo dac offset

More
02 Nov 2015 21:13 #64615 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic servo dac offset
ok this is clear ... I try to connect enable signal to drive from 7i77 .... in the drive the enable signal is on when 0V connected .... in mesa 7i77 there are ena+ and ena- I can connect oV to ena+ and enable signal to drive at ena-??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2015 23:42 #64620 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic servo dac offset
In this case the enable signal from the drive is pulled to a positive voltage in the drive so the connections are:

DRIVE-ENA --> 7I77-ENA+
DRIVE-GND --> 7I77-ENA-

More
03 Nov 2015 01:29 #64628 by bkt
Thank a lot ... but I have make a rock&roll test with succes .... 10minuts after my post.

Obviusly You are in right.

regards
Giorgio

More
03 Nov 2015 22:38 - 03 Nov 2015 22:49 #64703 by bkt
I study the BingJonT tutorial about pid tuning .... so I know the number of encoder pulse for 1rpm and other basic information ..... at the start of these thread I not Know some problem about my driver configuration .... customer setting acc and dec ramp to 0 as standard .... but these create the little offset that I asked before .... now I'm able to stay blok my motor and jog it with pnconfig function, encoder inverse and all work at right direction .... (some image)

and result ini file (NOTE OLY AXIS 3=a IS CONFIGURATED... I'M IN TRIAL TEST)

File Attachment:

File Name: k1.ini
File Size:4 KB

At 10V reference motor make 60rpm as described in pnconfig ..... but when start axis and try to move (in jog) A axis I receive follow error axis ..... someone has suggest??

Regards
Giorgio
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Nov 2015 22:49 by bkt.

More
03 Nov 2015 23:32 #64707 by PCW
I would set the following errors _MUCH_ wider, say 10 degrees so you can see whats going on,
with a .05 degree following error limit you cannot tell if the system runs away (backwards feedback)
or you just dont have tuning good enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
04 Nov 2015 00:10 #64708 by bkt
is the same .....

Openloop test in pncconf the only thing it does is send out the analog signal set .... I guess it's true ?

More
04 Nov 2015 00:22 #64710 by PCW
LinuxCNC will also of course also send out analog signals if setup properly

Do you get any motion with LinuxCNC?

Are the drives enabled when Linuxcnc is running? (out of ESTOP and in machine-on state)

More
04 Nov 2015 00:33 - 04 Nov 2015 00:56 #64714 by bkt
Yes, when run drive go enable .... and with a wrong config the follow error come out after a little step of motor ....

hm2_encoder.02.velocity It must correspond to the motor speed ? Because in these case when motor at 10V go to 50rpm these param hm2_encoder.02.velocity go to 299/300 .... is normal these?

Regards
Giorgio
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 00:56 by bkt.

More
04 Nov 2015 00:52 #64721 by PCW

Yes, when run drive go enable .... and with a wrong config the follow error come out after a little step of motor ....

This is why you need to set the following errors wider so you can see whats going on
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
04 Nov 2015 00:59 #64724 by bkt

hm2_encoder.02.velocity It must correspond to the motor speed ? Because in these case when motor at 10V go to 50rpm these param hm2_encoder.02.velocity go to 299/300 .... is normal these?

Yes is normal ...... from www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/hostmot2.9.html ...... " (float out) velocity Estimated encoder velocity in position units per second." ...... 50rpm = 0.83333 spsec = 300°/sec (degree is my unity) .....

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds