Upgrading 2.4.3 to 2.4.6

More
12 Jun 2011 15:59 #10452 by TarHeelTom
andypugh wrote:

As for the installation issues, I don't know what the problem is, but I would be tempted to try installing from a USB stick. That is what I did, and it worked fine. I did it because I don't have a CD drive that can connect to the motherboard.
As I recall, I did it using utils from pendrivelinux.com using the EMC2 live-CD .iso.[/quote]

This was a helpful suggestion, as it gave me a bunch of install options, including a Memory Test. Quickly found that one of the two (brand new) memory sticks was bad.

Removed that memory stick, and it turns out I don't have any like memory on hand, but still have one 1 Gbyte stick installed, and it seems to test good.

Still don't have it installed, but hope that I'm getting closer.

tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2011 17:29 #10453 by TarHeelTom
Well, one never knows what will work.

Was unable to complete a good install from the stick, so finally tried from the CD again, and it worked. Unfortunately, I got the wrong iso file, and I have EMC2 2.4.3 installed. But I've got 2.4.6 installed on another stick, so suspect i can load that in place of 2.4.3.

So that's two computers in a row which have had one bad stick of memory.

Now to update 2.4.3

Keep your fingers crossed and your powder dry.

Tom

More
12 Jun 2011 20:19 #10455 by TarHeelTom
At long last, 10.04 is loaded on a new D510MO motherboard, and 2.4.6 is loaded and running. Had to remove 1 stick of memory, but appears to be running just fine with only 1 G of memory installed.

Looks like this motherboard is a bit faster, as I seem to be able to do rapids at 120 ipm. Of course, my bob is currently inop, it thinks we're in eStop at all times, regardless of inputs. Hopefully It'll be back from the factory this coming week. Would like to see the mill running before I leave for Ann Arbor next Monday.

Looks like most of the upcoming questions will be posted in the HAL forum.

Thanks again for all the help, John and Andy.

Tom

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds