Testers Needed for New RTAI Packages

More
13 Jan 2020 12:14 #154752 by JohnnyCNC
I installed the grub-customizer and that worked but now an issue I had before is back where upon on startup and window pops up with this message. "Could not update ICEauthority file /home/john/.ICEauthority". I see some solutions on the web that I will try when I get home.

Thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 12:18 #154753 by JohnnyCNC
I was going to do that once I had the RTAI kernel with no issues.

Thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 01:53 #154882 by JohnnyCNC
Success! I solved my .ICEAuthorty and slow boot issue. I now have Linux Mint 19.2. using the RTAI 4.14.148-rtai-amd64 kernel

For RTAI Kernel and LinuxCNC 2.8.0-Pre1 I used the .deb files from www.linuxcnc.org/temp

Linux X3CNC 4.14.148-rtai-amd64 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 9 16:29:10 GMT 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This is running on a ECS BAT-I(1.2)/J1800 Intel Celeron J1800 2.41 GHz Mini ITX Motherboard / CPU / VGA Combo w/ 4gb ram and a SanDisk 240gb SSD.

At this point I have the machine moving under 2.8.0~Pre1. When I get my pendant back from repair in 2 weeks I will be able do some full usage testing. While waiting for that I can get my secondary high-speed spindle setup under 2.8.

These are with 6 glxgears and 2 youtube videos running.





Is there anything in particular I should try when testing?

Thanks to all who helped me over the hurdles.
John
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 07:45 #154893 by twoflowers
Just to see the difference: what were the values whn running RT_PREEMPT on the same board?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 10:15 #154904 by andypugh
[quote="JohnnyCNC" post=154882For RTAI Kernel and LinuxCNC 2.8.0-Pre1 I used the .deb files from www.linuxcnc.org/temp [/quote]

Can you get the screen resolution you want with that kernel? I am running a VM on my iMac with it, but can't get more than 1152x854 resolution. (This is a bit disappointing on a 5120 x 2880 display). I can't work out if that is a limit of the kernel of the interaction between the kernel and the virtualisation environment. I don't have a standalone monitor with more than 1024x768 resolution to test the kernel on though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 12:04 #154909 by JohnnyCNC

twoflowers wrote: Just to see the difference: what were the values whn running RT_PREEMPT on the same board?


I would have to look for the exact numbers but I think it was more that 120,000. I using a Mesa 5i25+7i76.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 12:12 #154911 by JohnnyCNC

andypugh wrote: Can you get the screen resolution you want with that kernel? I am running a VM on my iMac with it, but can't get more than 1152x854 resolution. (This is a bit disappointing on a 5120 x 2880 display). I can't work out if that is a limit of the kernel of the interaction between the kernel and the virtualisation environment. I don't have a standalone monitor with more than 1024x768 resolution to test the kernel on though.

I'm think it is running at 1920 x 1080 but I will double check that tonight. It is a 1920 x 1080 monitor and looks good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 14:06 #154920 by andypugh

JohnnyCNC wrote: I'm think it is running at 1920 x 1080 but I will double check that tonight. It is a 1920 x 1080 monitor and looks good.


That means it's a VMware problem, which I can ignore :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 02:21 #154991 by JohnnyCNC
I just confirmed it is running at 1920 X 1080.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum