Beckhoff ethercat 64 with bit linuxcnc, How to install.

More
05 Mar 2020 03:16 #159236 by Sockheaven
I haven't used the python scripting/userspace components before. Is that the same thing as the ladder logic, or is there another ladder logic component I could investigate?

The mux might actually work depending how that component works, i could use the ESTOP and ENABLE signals to mux.

I'll investigate that. Thanks for the ideas! (and the verification that this kind of logic may not be suited for the HAL layer)

Best Regards,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2020 05:42 #159243 by Sockheaven
Ok i looked into the MUX2 hal object, and I like it, since I seem to only care about the state machine values of 6/15, this would work well to connect to the enable pin.

I am having a problem connecting it though. For some reason, while the documentation states that the MUX2.out is a float - LinuxCNC is giving me an error at startup that its a bit - what am I doing incorrectly?
# Connect Enable Pins / Signals
net xenable => mux2.0.sel
setp mux2.0.in0 6.0
setp mux2.0.in1 15.0
net mux2.0.out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in => lcec.0.0.TxControlWord

Error:
Signal 'mux2.0.out' of type 'bit' cannot add pin 'lcec.0.0.TxControlWord' of type 'u32'

I know i haven't converted the float to u32, but the HAL layer actually seems to convert floats/u32 automatically. but that's not even the error its throwing, its complaining it's not a bit...

File Attachment:

File Name: ecat_test_...3-05.hal
File Size:5 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat-c...3-05.xml
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

More
05 Mar 2020 19:57 #159274 by Sockheaven
Thanks to everyone. I finally got this working. had to implement a few HAL components i havent used before, and theres still some clutter in my hal/ini from being converted from a step/dir implementation. But i was able to get the CAN state machine working over ethercat. I have attached my files in case anyone else has been struggling getting it working and wants an example using a Kollmorgen AKD servo drive.

Best Regards,
Paul

File Attachment:

File Name: ecat_test_...05-3.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ecat_test_...05-2.ini
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat-c...05-3.xml
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
20 Mar 2020 18:19 #160918 by ikellymo
Thank you so much for providing these instructions. Everything is working for me so far on a 32bit system (i386).

I ran into a couple issues with Step 3 of the EtherCAT install (ec-debianize), and wanted to share what I did to get around them.

First, while the source script is running Mercurial, there was an mq error. You need to enable the mq package. I did this by:
sudo nano /etc/mercurial/hgrc
add a line:
[extensions]
mq =
save.

Then, i ran into a permissions issue during
dpkg-buildpackage
, and had to run it with sudo:
sudo dpkg-buildpackage
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

More
23 Apr 2020 16:31 #165272 by manojpatil
hello sir, I want to install Linuxcnc
I am trying to do that. but there is an error no file found(configure,autogen)
$ linuxcnc/debian/ => ./configure uspace => cd ..
$ linuxcnc/ => dpkg-checkbuilddeps => sudo apt-get install ..... until you are done. // error(unmet build dependencies: etherlabmaster-dev)
$ cd src/ => ./autogen.sh => ./configure => make -j2 ( j2 = dual processor speed )
$ sudo make setuid

More
25 Apr 2020 15:29 #165548 by DaPeace
I was able to get the driver compiled but i need the e1000-module and cant figure out how to get that compiled. Can someone give me a hint?

Regards, Jan

More
27 Apr 2020 20:01 #165862 by chimeno
Hi @manojpatil

hola señor, quiero instalar Linuxcnc
Estoy tratando de hacer eso. pero hay un error, no se encontró ningún archivo (configure, autogen)
$ linuxcnc / debian / => ./configure uspace => cd ..
$ linuxcnc / => dpkg-checkbuilddeps => sudo apt-get install ..... hasta estás listo. // error (dependencias de compilación no satisfechas: etherlabmaster-dev)
$ cd src / => ./autogen.sh => ./configure => make -j2 (j2 = velocidad de procesador dual)
$ sudo make setuid

I don't quite understand what you want to install? there are three processes
1 - linuxcnc
2- ethercat controller (ec-debianize)
3-linuxcnc-ethercat
Could it be that you lack some dependency? There are several installation manuals in the forum.

Hi @DaPeace

I was able to get the driver compiled but i need the e1000-module and cant figure out how to get that compiled. Can someone give me a hint?
Regards, Jan

currently ec-debianice does not bring the drivers for the different modules, with the generic driver an e1000 works fine, but you can create your own version from the hg clone repository
http://hg.code.sf.net/p/etherlabmaster/ code ethercat-hg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

More
23 Jun 2020 14:36 #172473 by TheRoslyak
Tell someone who was able to run ethercat with rotarydeltakins on the new version of Linux (2.9). I try to run configure of narogon. But my or narogon's confuguration gives one error. trivkins works perfect, but it isn't my target.
Attachments:

More
23 Jun 2020 14:50 #172475 by Aciera
@TheRoslyak
Have you tried deleting the "coordinates=XYZ" in the KINEMATICS declaration in the INI?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheRoslyak

More
23 Jun 2020 15:01 #172477 by TheRoslyak
Brilliantly!!! It's work.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds