Configuring LinuxCNC with ethercat

More
29 Nov 2022 23:23 #258047 by mwc
Tried that with both realtime.mk files, and still getting the same result with both.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2022 00:53 #258060 by rodw

Tried that with both realtime.mk files, and still getting the same result with both.

What results were they?
The only chnage I've ever made to realtime.mk was per the forum sticky. It failed yesterday
Yesterday I used the original sittner version which worked.

More
30 Nov 2022 11:33 #258110 by mwc
Original realtime.mk compiles but causes the erct_slave.... not found error, modified .mk fails to compile.

Could somebody post their config.mk file?
The suspicion is there's a path not being recognised/generated correctly, and it would be good to see what a successful config.mk looks like to compare things.

More
03 Dec 2022 16:16 #258436 by petervg
had a similar experience with compiling linuxcnc-ethercat. Original realtime.mk compiled without errors and the test described on rod's post passed. But when starting linuxcnc after replacing the content from rod's post, linuxcnc started up properly with etercat support.

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/47555-lc...-slave-config-sdothe realtime.nk

I have attached my realtime.mk file and a logfile from my terminal when I compiled and installed a working version.

Hope this helps?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mwc

More
03 Dec 2022 22:52 #258459 by mwc
I've given up with that computer for just now.

It requires the 6.xx kernel to function fully, which I think must be breaking certain links/dependencies. I don't need it functioning just now, so I've dug the mini-itx board out of my mill and stuck a new SSD in it for testing, to see if I can at least get an ethercat system functioning.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds