Ignore Limits option grayed out

More
06 May 2023 23:34 #270833 by Geosec
If no one else can duplicate this, then the issue is surely with my setup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2023 17:53 #270876 by HansU
I had a little thinko. The behaviour which is correct which I was referring to was when the machine is unhomed.
So I can observe the same you mentioned in forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/37676-ignore...-out?start=10#270021
When the machine is homed the limit switches switch (inside the soft limits) triggers a "machine-off". So far so good. But as soon you check the "ignore limits" checkbox, this limit switch will never be triggered in this session. Even if you uncheck it or clear and reset the limit switch input. Only other limit switches are active. (This is for 2.9 as the checkbox is not grayed-out there in this case).
I have a suspicion that it is somewhere in the LinuxCNC core.
The docs say: "The OVERRIDE_LIMITS command prevents limits from tripping until the end of the next JOG command." But it doesn't say anything about homed or not.

I need to doublecheck with Axis, but there I miss the "ignore limits" check box.
Can you check with Axis?

More
07 May 2023 18:49 #270885 by Geosec
Hans,
I tried it out in Axis, and the main thing I see that is different is, in Axis when the "Override Limits" checkbox is checked, it doesn't automatically clear after moving off the limit switch like it does in Gmoccapy. I was unable to clear the check box at all after moving off the limit switch in Axis. When on the limit switch the checkbox is active and if you uncheck it you can't turn on the machine. When you move off the limit switch the checkbox becomes greyed-out and can't be unchecked either. So the limits remain inactive. I found that In Axis, re-homing all-axis will clear the greyed out checkbox.
So Gmoccapy and Axis seem to be similar but Gmoccapy automatically clears the checkbox and Axis won't let you clear it. They both ignore the limit switch after the first activation and moving off.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds