SK Commander VFD Parms

More
28 Jan 2021 00:44 #196866 by smgvbest
Does anyone here have a Tormach Mill or Lathe by chance and would be willing to let me send you a SmartStick to program it with your VFD settings (I'll include directions as well) or if you have a smartstick send to me so I can program my VFD, Ill pay all shipping cost. just need to moment of your time.

I want to program my SK Commander and produce a VFD config for it for reference.

Appreciate any help you can give.

TIA
Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2021 09:10 #196910 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic SK Commander VFD Parms
What country are you in?

More
28 Jan 2021 16:04 - 28 Jan 2021 16:04 #196958 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic SK Commander VFD Parms

Does anyone here have a Tormach Mill or Lathe by chance and would be willing to let me send you a SmartStick to program it with your VFD settings (I'll include directions as well) or if you have a smartstick send to me so I can program my VFD, Ill pay all shipping cost. just need to moment of your time.

I want to program my SK Commander and produce a VFD config for it for reference.

Appreciate any help you can give.

TIA
Sandra

I have attached the .par file I dumped out of my 1100S3's Commander before I changed some default settings awhile back. I also attached a .pdf of the parameters which also highlights the differences from default.

I know it's not specifically what you asked for, but hopefully it helps?
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jan 2021 16:04 by snowgoer540.

More
29 Jan 2021 00:47 #197017 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic SK Commander VFD Parms
I am in the USA, Ohio

More
29 Jan 2021 00:51 #197018 by smgvbest
The PAR file works as well.
Thank you very much

This will likely give me what I needed. So I will hold off on the SmartStick for now.

More
29 Jan 2021 03:09 - 29 Jan 2021 03:10 #197029 by snowgoer540

The PAR file works as well.
Thank you very much

This will likely give me what I needed. So I will hold off on the SmartStick for now.

Troubled the electrons all the way from PA to OH :laugh:

Happy to help. Let me know if you need anything else. I can pull the parameters from the lathe too probably if it helps?
Last edit: 29 Jan 2021 03:10 by snowgoer540.

More
30 Jan 2021 04:02 #197112 by smgvbest
Actually I'm doing my lathe so the Lathe .par file would really help.
When you have time it would be great to get that one as well

Which part of PA you in?
I'm in Sunbury just North of Columbus.

I'm still slowly, very slowly working on a DIY Tormach BOB so you could directly connect up.
I have the 1HP SK Commander for my lathe (a G0602) so and want to provide a direct route to using a PP with only a few INI changes, Needed. I may also add individual Home and I would have full control over the ATC port.

Everything is based on the PP config files so far.

I had some good HiRes photos of both the Lathe and MILL Tormach board but it seem when I lost a HD I lost those pics.
If you have any good pics of them that would be great as well if I could impose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, snowgoer540

More
30 Jan 2021 04:19 #197113 by smgvbest
Just to share, I've got most if not all the IO figured out at this point, doing up the Power supply then the processor will be last, well and code for it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gerritv, tommylight, Clive S, snowgoer540

More
03 Feb 2021 19:15 - 18 Feb 2021 23:32 #197586 by snowgoer540

Actually I'm doing my lathe so the Lathe .par file would really help.
When you have time it would be great to get that one as well

Which part of PA you in?
I'm in Sunbury just North of Columbus.

I'm still slowly, very slowly working on a DIY Tormach BOB so you could directly connect up.
I have the 1HP SK Commander for my lathe (a G0602) so and want to provide a direct route to using a PP with only a few INI changes, Needed. I may also add individual Home and I would have full control over the ATC port.

Everything is based on the PP config files so far.

I had some good HiRes photos of both the Lathe and MILL Tormach board but it seem when I lost a HD I lost those pics.
If you have any good pics of them that would be great as well if I could impose.

I'm sorry, I normally view recent and I must have missed this. Sounds like a really neat project! I'm happy to help.

I will try to get you the PAR file by the weekend. I am happy to take pictures. I can do both the lathe, mill, and I have the new board the MX's use as I am getting ready to upgrade my 1100S3 to servos since I got a really good deal on the board and servos. Plus, I'm sick of editing the hal files every time they update to keep my spindle encoder alive.

Shoot me an email, I'll send you the pictures there if you want since the quality will get clipped on here. (Email removed)

I am about 15 minutes north of Harrisburg.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2021 23:32 by snowgoer540.

More
04 Feb 2021 11:43 #197640 by MrJTJinx
Replied by MrJTJinx on topic SK Commander VFD Parms

I am in the USA, Ohio

Thats just down the road from Jon Saunders at NYCCNC/Saunders machine works
have you been, do you follow him on youtube
It would be amazing if you went to one of his training sessions and told him you had a Tormach clone.:laugh:
Re your schmatic, ive had good results from JLCPCB for fabricating printed circuit boards
jlcpcb.com/ really cheap and good quality, dont forget "America first" which is exactly what you are doing, making sure you dont pay too much.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.569 seconds