Another plasma component...

More
18 Dec 2018 03:40 - 18 Dec 2018 03:42 #122546 by phillc54

andypugh wrote:
I think that we should include this component with LinuxCNC, though maybe we need to wait until reverse-run is merged.

I do have another branch on my repo that has master plus the commits from the feature/reverse-run-master2 branch.
There were three commits that I didn't use as they were conflicting with later work on tp.c.
There were also some edits done to several of the original commits.
There is also one extra commit that seems to fix issue #524
I would be happy for someone to take a look at these. I did send to the developers list but haven't received a reply as yet.

Cheers, Phill
Last edit: 18 Dec 2018 03:42 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2019 07:36 - 05 Jan 2019 02:00 #123252 by phillc54
Hi Guys, Happy New Year to all.

I have added a feature to turn the torch on for a preset time while idle.

While doing this I was frustrated by the continual crashing of the Glade editor so I have decided to stop using gladevcp for my configuration and I have created a customization file for Axis that replaces the gladevcp file and associated python and hal files.

The new configurations are available here .
The names in the cfg file have changed so if you have an existing file you will need to keep a copy and change the values of the new file after the first run.

The existing gladevcp stuff is available here but this will probably not be updated.
it's all good

I even got to spend some time in the garage and am close to having the table base completed.

Cheers, Phill
Last edit: 05 Jan 2019 02:00 by phillc54.

More
01 Jan 2019 14:24 #123267 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
Hi Phill,

If glade is crashing while building glade panel, try to build the panel once again from scratch. Problably you problem is solved then. Reason for crashing can be a corrupt glade file. Good luck !
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
01 Jan 2019 22:33 - 02 Jan 2019 05:54 #123296 by phillc54

Grotius wrote:
If glade is crashing while building glade panel, try to build the panel once again from scratch. Problably you problem is solved then. Reason for crashing can be a corrupt glade file. Good luck !

The worst problem that I have experienced with different panels over a number of years on both LCNC 2.7 & Master is when doing something simple like changing the height or width of a widget Glade just shuts down, losing all edits :( .
That is in addition to the random problem of a corrupt line being inserted after
<requires lib="gtk+" version="2.18"/>
which is also annoying.
I guess it is because we have to use an old version of glade.

Anyhow at this stage for me it is much easier to just customize Axis using a USER_COMMAND_FILE also everything can then be in one file.

Cheers, Phill
Last edit: 02 Jan 2019 05:54 by phillc54.

More
03 Jan 2019 16:00 #123413 by newbynobi
If you use glade 3.8.6 builded from source, crashing is gone.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
03 Jan 2019 22:49 - 03 Jan 2019 22:53 #123436 by phillc54

newbynobi wrote:
If you use glade 3.8.6 builded from source, crashing is gone.

I am using 3.8.6 and I think I followed this link to install it.

All my work is done on a Mac with a VMware Fusion virtual machine, maybe that has some effect...

Cheers, Phill
Last edit: 03 Jan 2019 22:53 by phillc54.

More
04 Jan 2019 11:26 #123463 by newbynobi
Hallo Phil,

the mentioned link will not copy the needed hal widgets to the needed locations, so this might cause problems.

I made a howto for linux MINT 19 Mint 19 and glade

Please check the steps regarding the installation of glade 3.8.6

Norbert

More
04 Jan 2019 13:09 #123469 by andypugh

The worst problem that I have experienced with different panels over a number of years on both LCNC 2.7 & Master is when doing something simple like changing the height or width of a widget Glade just shuts down, losing all edits

For the reasons you have noticed, I often edit glade files with a text editor for simple things like renames and resizes.

More
04 Jan 2019 22:03 #123514 by phillc54

newbynobi wrote:
the mentioned link will not copy the needed hal widgets to the needed locations, so this might cause problems.

I do have all the hal widgets so maybe it was your link that I did follow, I cannot really remember...

andypugh wrote:
For the reasons you have noticed, I often edit glade files with a text editor for simple things like renames and resizes.

I did not think of doing something simple like that, It seems I like to make things complicated for myself.

Cheers, Phill.

More
05 Jan 2019 01:56 #123527 by phillc54
Well I have settled down now and gone back to to the Gladevcp panel for the example config...

Cheers, Phill

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds