Another plasma component...

More
17 Feb 2019 21:14 #126695 by tommylight

What THC stuff is enabled that shouldn't be, or do you mean the config items in the left hand panel?

That pertains to the plasmac component having everything active even while in E-stop. I will see how can all be disabled, and enabled only when needed.
It is safer to have some interlocks incorporated, who knows, under some conditions it might just fire the torch or move the torch down hitting the material and breaking a limit switch or distorting the Z axis altogether.
I like to avoid such occurrences as i do not know who will be using those machines.
Or as i read in some forum a long time ago:
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2019 04:03 #126702 by phillc54

tommylight wrote:
Reverse run runs only forward ! This was working on previous versions.

I still cannot fault it in the sim.
You need to have M52P1 in your gcode to turn adaptive feed on (P0 will turn it off).

Cheers, Phill
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Feb 2019 04:41 #126703 by phillc54

tommylight wrote:
That pertains to the plasmac component having everything active even while in E-stop. I will see how can all be disabled, and enabled only when needed.

Sorry, I am not really sure which parts are active.

The only things I can see active are the arc voltage display, arc ok led, float switch led and breakaway switch led. These are indicators only and should not have an effect on anything else.

The rest of the component except dry run is only active after a spindle on has been sensed.

The machine must be homed and stopped before allowing a dry run.

Cheers, Phill.

More
18 Feb 2019 20:45 #126725 by tommylight
That is just my paranoia at work, doing anything in my power to prevent SkyNet taking over ! :)
When i added torchud component ( written by you, thank you ) to thc_toma config i made it disabled until the TorchOn signal, so that component will be active only while the torch is on. And the machine will not move if for any reason the ArcOk signal is on, and......... never-mind , paranoia !!
Thank you very much, for everything.

More
18 Feb 2019 22:23 #126728 by phillc54

tommylight wrote:
That is just my paranoia at work, doing anything in my power to prevent SkyNet taking over ! :)

It is definitely better to be safe than sorry...

Cheers, Phill.

More
22 Feb 2019 13:52 #126906 by tommylight

tommylight wrote:
Reverse run runs only forward ! This was working on previous versions.

I still cannot fault it in the sim.
You need to have M52P1 in your gcode to turn adaptive feed on (P0 will turn it off).

Cheers, Phill

Yup that was missing, sorry for the confusion caused.

More
24 Mar 2019 23:52 #129537 by islander261
Phill, Rod

I found that indeed I didn't have the python-xlib installed. My default installation had installed python3-xlib. Now Gmoccapy (sim) works with only a few errors reported.
module 'plasmac_panel' skipped - import error: No module named configobj
/home/jd/plasmac/bin/gladevcp:218: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_save_clicked'
  builder.connect_signals(handlers)
/home/jd/plasmac/bin/gladevcp:218: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_reload_clicked'
/home/jd/plasmac/bin/gladevcp:218: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_setupFeedRate_value_changed'
/home/jd/plasmac/bin/gladevcp:218: RuntimeWarning: missing handler 'on_material_changed'

and
**** PYGST libray not installed? ****
**** is python-gstX.XX installed? ****

At least Gmoccapy appears to be working running the imperial_plasmac sim configuration.

Ok, I like the looks of this. The screen layout isn't quite right for my work flow ( I like a really big preview panel) but at least that is something I know how to do. I am assuming that I can still use my cutting parameter controls that come from the PP in the Gcode by using modified versions of my current hal files to change the correct hal pins. I don't know about getting the new values to display or selecting between screen values or program values, I have done this on my present system but most of it was in the python handlers so I am sure I will figure out a way. The other minor thing is that I set machine zero my Z axis to the top of the travel like a mill and set the top of the work piece as work piece zero (G54 offset).

The big thing for me is the probing. A float switch does not work well with thin sheet on worn slats which I replace twice a year as it is. I really need to use ohmic sensing, not a problem as I know how to do it successfully on my present system. The problem is how do you do it on the "autorun" system that is triggered by M3? My first guess is that probing part of the of the plasmac component will need changes in the probing state and maybe a couple of new pins. The probing will become a little state machine of it's own with a branch by when only the float switch is desired. As I have mentioned before there are a number of ohmic probing errors that must be detected and the whole process (program) paused with error messages for operator intervention to fix the problem. I really don't want to start another orphan branch to do this. Actually I will not and will have to abandon this path because of time constrains. Phill can you at least provide hooks into your component for more more extensive probing? I can provide plenty of input on how to do the ohmic probing if you are interested. I have a some what buggy but functional Gcode subroutine that do a good job now.

The last thing is torch height control, has anyone actually used the plasmac component on a live machine yet? My last foray into the external offsets branch was pretty painful in this regard. Presently I just use normal hal components netted together to do THC.

John

More
25 Mar 2019 00:30 #129541 by phillc54
John,
I have no idea where the error is coming from, looks like a module called configobj is missing.
This config doesn't attempt to load that at all so I am not sure where it is called from.
I renamed configobj on my machine and get the same error so it must be called from Gmoccapy at some point.

What is the current version of LinuxCNC you are running?

What is the exact command you are entering to start linuxcnc?

Cheers, Phill

More
25 Mar 2019 00:45 #129543 by islander261
Phill

I am trying this on a clone of your github/phillc54/linuxcnc-plasmac branch. This is still on my desk machine so there is no other linuxcnc installation.

I enter
jd@deskmonsterll:~$ . plasmac/scripts/rip-environment
jd@deskmonsterll:~$ linuxcnc
The first time in a session then just
jd@deskmonsterll:~$ linuxcnc

John

More
25 Mar 2019 00:50 #129544 by phillc54
John,

OK, looks like you will need to get the configobj module, there may be more modules required as you progress...

Cheers, Phill.

P.S.
Yes, I would be interested in being able to provide ohmic probing as well.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds