Another plasma component...

More
26 Aug 2019 11:57 #143212 by phillc54
If you are updating a Plasmac config you can run the Configurator in upgrade mode and it will do those edits for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2019 12:06 #143213 by tommylight

Damn, I thought I fixed that... :(

Looks like I won't be bored tomorrow.

Edit: is that a PlasmaC update or new config.

Sim, included with Linuxcnc, same thing on the imperial version.
Bored ? come have a look at my workshop, got messed up badly last night from over 1 hour of relentless hailstorm, pushed in the polycarbonate windows and even got to the insides of the Mazak control panel, had 10cm of water all over the workshop, still assessing the damage, but first estimates over 7000 euros. Also got in the second floor of the house in one of the bedrooms like a bloody tap was opened. Add another K there.
Still had hail all over today till 1 PM in the garden and on the sides of the roads, and it is summer !
Back to cleaning.

More
26 Aug 2019 12:15 #143214 by phillc54
OMG I forgot to update the Sims. :S

Sounds like my day is going to be much easier than yours Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Aug 2019 12:16 #143215 by tommylight

Tommy. for now, just comment out the line in plasmac.hal that refers to spindle.1 and you should be good. There are some earlier posts here of mine today where I did fix this issue. There is very poor documentation of multispindle support in my view... You need to update your ini file and also update the loadrt motmod line in hal to load the spindle count or it is not pretty as you found out!

I am good, just had to report that so others do not have the issue, i am not using it yet, working at a factory some 25 or 30KM away and driving daily, have to solve a lot of mistakes made with the moulds and fittings, adjust the blow moulding machine with the right temperatures for the preform, find workers, start 24h production with all the logistics involved, etc.
Need to find someone to do the metal framing and tables for 5 plasma machines so i can start assembling them somewhere as i got no space in the workshop, etc, etc.
Need 80 hour days ! :)

More
26 Aug 2019 12:24 #143216 by tommylight
Almost forgot, my 43 year old Yamaha XS500 was outside during that !

More
26 Aug 2019 13:13 #143219 by tecno
Replied by tecno on topic Another plasma component...

Almost forgot, my 43 year old Yamaha XS500 was outside during that !

I really hope it has survived that rain/hale storm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, sevaz

More
26 Aug 2019 15:17 #143225 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Another plasma component...

come have a look at my workshop, got messed up badly last night from over 1 hour of relentless hailstorm, pushed in the polycarbonate windows and even got to the insides of the Mazak control panel, had 10cm of water all over the workshop, still assessing the damage

Bloody hell Tom do I have to cancel my trip or should I bring a mop and bucket. :unsure:

More
26 Aug 2019 15:25 #143228 by sevaz
Replied by sevaz on topic Another plasma component...
Yes, it was the wheezy iso on linuxcnc.org downloads page.

I tried debian stretch, but latency is too big for software stepping.

More
26 Aug 2019 15:39 #143230 by tommylight

come have a look at my workshop, got messed up badly last night from over 1 hour of relentless hailstorm, pushed in the polycarbonate windows and even got to the insides of the Mazak control panel, had 10cm of water all over the workshop, still assessing the damage

Bloody hell Tom do I have to cancel my trip or should I bring a mop and bucket. :unsure:

Nah, just some dry towells ! :)

More
26 Aug 2019 15:47 #143231 by tommylight

Yes, it was the wheezy iso on linuxcnc.org downloads page.

I tried debian stretch, but latency is too big for software stepping.

Yeah, i thought so.
Still you can do a fresh install of debian " whatever the new version is" and use one of many tutorials to install the RTAI kernel and Linuxcnc. It is a nice learning experience.
You can also install RTAI kernel to that debian stretch iso, but you might end up with some issues.
If you do have another PC/laotop, do try a new install, it opens up a lot of posibilities/choices.
Most of us here use Linux Mint thanks to great tutorials by cncnoob and bigJT, but Mint is a bit heavier on the resources.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sevaz

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.915 seconds