Configuring Plasmac - a complete THC/plasma config for any hardware

More
19 Jul 2019 19:33 #139916 by tommylight
It should be in
Sim/apps/plasmac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2019 21:51 #139928 by rodw

Hey Rodw, I've been going through these steps and I keep running into the issue of not finding the PlasmaC directory in linuxcnc.

I did a fresh install of Debian Stretch w/ master Preempt-RT (updated the repository) and then I followed your instructions and made sure everything was updated and then restarted the computer. Still no PlasmaC in the drop down menu for linuxcnc. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, do I just need to copy the PlasmaC folder into the Gmocappy file?

Thanks for the help! looks like you guys are really pushing this development branch and it's really exciting to see this level of support for Plasma/Laser systems. Let me know if there's any way I can help!

Its best to follow the instructions here linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plasmac-user-guide.html
A fresh install of stretch will leave you running Verision 2.7 so you need to install master branch from there and then it will appear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
20 Jul 2019 15:21 #139971 by phoenix
sir here are m config files as you requested i am losing hope on it since im trying to do same thing everytday since 6 days ..its really frustrating

More
20 Jul 2019 18:19 #139993 by Clive S
In your ini file you have 2 joint (motors ) for Y but in the hal file I only see connections for 1 joint if this is correct how are you driving the gantry?

I also see 2 ini files which one are you using? What is the exact problem you are asking

More
20 Jul 2019 23:26 - 21 Jul 2019 00:03 #140020 by phillc54
metric_plasma.ini is a sim file from a plasmac axis config, you don't need that.

As Clive s says, you have four joints in plasma_m.ini and three in plasma_m.hal.

The Torch On HAL pin in the Configurator needs to be an out pin.

The error message you show refers to a plasmax_connections.hal which does not exist in plasma_m.ini.

plasma_m.ini looks like it was created by hand, it has axis as the gui yet has all the gmoccapy glade panels and no user_command_file. Why are you hand editing the file, the configurator will do this for you AFTER you have a working machine.

It seems that you have not comprehended that you need to have a working machine before you attempt to add the PlasmaC config. Your machine could not have worked with the ini and hal file you have posted.

I can only suggest that you delete your configs then use stepconf to create a config named base_machine to get your machine working properly WITHOUT Arc OK, Float Switch, Torch On, Move Up and Move Down.
When you have achieved that and only then you can run configurator to create a config named something_different_to_base_machine. That way you will always have a copy of the working base machine as a backup.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2019 00:03 by phillc54.

More
21 Jul 2019 01:12 #140027 by phoenix
sir as u suggested earlier i created a working bas machine config with my sep and dir signals and then i run configurator and
NOTHING CHANGED ...... as usual i got an error it says two paas error u said earlier not to edit files by hand

File Attachment:

File Name: base_machine.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: base_machine.ini
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: baseplasma.hal
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: baseplasma.ini
File Size:7 KB

More
21 Jul 2019 01:35 #140028 by phoenix
can someone pls make a plasmac with step and dir signals or SIMPLY tell me how to do it
WITHOUT saying make a base machine working config and then use configrator
as ITs CLEARLY NOT WORKING
i am going to loose my job if i cant make it till tommorow :(

More
21 Jul 2019 01:44 #140029 by PCW
The error is pretty basic:

The signal plasmac:torch-on is linked to a parallel port input pin
This cannot work since the plasmac:torch-on signal is an output intended
to turn on the torch so must be routed to a parallel port _output_ pin
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
21 Jul 2019 01:53 - 21 Jul 2019 01:53 #140030 by phillc54
We did discuss this Torch On pin last week or the week before as well as in my previous post...
Last edit: 21 Jul 2019 01:53 by phillc54.

More
21 Jul 2019 03:02 - 21 Jul 2019 03:23 #140034 by phoenix
i rectified that error

File Attachment:

File Name: baseplasma...ions.hal
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jul 2019 03:23 by phoenix.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds