Hypersensing with THCAD - better way to do ohmic sensing

More
02 Jun 2022 16:00 #244460 by Marçal
I am still stuck with the same and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I read on this post  that the code has changed, so I just copied the format of the hal updated in this post to connect the ohmicsense.ohmic-on pin to plasmac.ohmic-probe and plasmac.ohmic-enable to ohmicsense.is-probing as Rodw told me that I have to do. Moreover, I deleted everything related to the debounce.0.2.in because I think it is not needed with QtPlasmaC. Then I realized that I had the voltage divider wrong since I wrote 50 because my hypertherm has a 50:1 voltage divider, but the 4.9 is because of the 390k resistor. It made me realize that I don't know how you calculate the 4.9. Nonetheless, my voltage supply is 230V (europe) and not 120V, so I might need to change this resistor.
Another thing I found out in this thread is that there is a ohmic3 file, should I download it or it is not needed?
Sorry for being so annoying, but I am spending a lot of time with this and I got stuck. I attached a screenshot of how I wired the torch and one from the hal watch to show you that the encoder 4 is not counting and the ohmicsense.ohmic-volt does not measure well.
I would really appreciate it if someone can help me:
-To learn how to choose the proper resistor and how to calculate the 4.9 value.
-To find out why it does not work.
As you can see on the electrical scheme I uploaded, I removed the optional relay, is this what makes it work wrongly?
Thank you in advance and sorry for asking so much but I really don't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2022 12:21 #244516 by Marçal
UPDATE:
I just wired everything on Encoder 2 and it works. Don't know why. But, at least the hypersensing is working perfectly fine now. Thank you!

More
22 Nov 2023 08:47 - 22 Nov 2023 08:57 #286214 by ashesman
I had a bit of a mission getting ohmic sensing working.  I sort of rushed and just followed the examples I found, but none worked for me, so had to make my own hal connections.  Just thought I would post them here in case it helps someone in the future.  I am using LinuxCNC 2.8, Mesa 7i76e with THCAD-10 for ohmic wired to 7i76e encoder B pins.  Base setup made with Pcncconf, then with the plasmac configurator.  Using plasmac in axis.

Thee original post for this topic shows:
unlinkp debounce.0.2.in
net ohmic-true ohmicsense.ohmic-on => debounce.0.2.in
net plasmac:ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing

The manual pages say (manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/kinetic/man9/ohmic.9.html):
net ohmic-true ohmicsense.ohmic-on => plasmac.ohmic-probe

The plasma cnc primer says (linuxcnc.org/docs/html/plasma/plasma-cnc..._with_a_mesa_thcad_5):
unlinkp debounce.0.2.in
net ohmic-true ohmicsense.ohmic-on => debounce.0.2.in
net plasmac:ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing

But what I had to use was:
net ohmic-true ohmicsense.ohmic-on => db_ohmic.in
net ohmic-enable plasmac.ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing

So it looks like some pin names and debounce pins have changed across versions.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2023 08:57 by ashesman. Reason: messed up formatting

More
22 Nov 2023 18:21 #286246 by rodw
yes, plasmac has had a lot of changes.
I have attached my larest component and a stand alone hal file which you can just load from your ini file
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds